Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Long story short...145,000 m 2011 unfinished primer black Honda CR-Z, well actually 144,000...before me lol I guess you can see what I’ve been doing, anyways I’m still alittle; as my mother would say, “wet behind the ears.” Im barely getting past the car shutting off all the time when I’m driving it lol, but I do wanna invest some time into the performance quality, interior design, and lowering, maybe give it a repaint down the lines it is worth it in this case but nothing too crazy, I don’t wanna blow my engine up 😂 help me find nice pieces crz gurus please and thank you, glad to be apart of this very amazing and unique community of informative individuals, have a nice one! :)

P.s. Don’t forget that it shuts off like me ._.

Also don’t forget to post pics of colors concepts too, I was thinking of something close to a milky hazel color, black trim, and black top and as a secondary color all around it 😩

· Premium Member
9,067 Posts
Can you try and use some punctuation and sentences so we can understand how we can help you? All I get is you put 1K miles on it and it is in primer. All the rest is not understandable.

As you just got it, do as we always recommend and change all filters and fluids, have under hood battery load tested or replaced, replace the wiper blades and if tires more than 5 years old replace them too. Check the Service history book in the glove compartment, if yours has one, so you can see what maintenance it has or has not had. Before deciding on aesthetics and other modifications make it as well maintained and functional as possible.

Does it have any mechanical issues? Fix them first. If no records along with all the routine maintenance above also replace spark plugs, belt and have valves adjusted.

Since it is a 2011 you can buy the factory service manual which will help you with anything you want to do to the car. That can be purchased here Honda CR-Z 2012 Shop/Service Information
If you want to replace any of the books that are missing from the glove compartment you can buy those here Honda CR-Z 2011

At minimum I would obtain another Service History book and the first time the minder lights up, start filling it out when you do the maintenance indicated by the minder..

· Premium Member
6,307 Posts
Welcome to the forum, @Le Pepe ! :)
Sounds like you've got a work-in-progress CR-Z, but as long as the mechanicals are all in good shape, I'd say it's time to do the little things that don't cost much money first, and then you'll have time to figure out what kind of mods you really like.... If you are going to go with black as an alternate/trim color, you might want to check out buying some vinyl wrap and do the roof in black, but painting it is going to be a lot of $$$$, so be in love with the color you choose. I'm trying to picture that milky hazel color you're wanting but was wondering what the original color of your CR-Z was?

My first choice of aftermarket goodies was suspension, but you might want to keep an eye on the FOR SALE section for a while, so you can snag something good at roughly half the price of buying something new. Other than that, post some pics when you can, and just drive it a while--you'll get used to the silence of the auto-stop. :)

· Premium Member
9,067 Posts
All good advice but do the Maintenance I suggested first. The car will work better and you will get familiar with all the major parts you can do yourself . I hope the shutting off issue is indeed the Auto Stop function which is normal but surprising if you are not familiar with it. A quick read of the owners manual will confirm proper operation of it. If you do not have it you can down load it for free from here Honda Owners Site | Tips, Tools & Benefits for Honda Owners

Welcome to the forum, @Le Pepe ! :)
Sounds like you've got a work-in-progress CR-Z, but as long as the mechanicals are all in good shape, I'd say it's time to do the little things that don't cost much money first, and then you'll have time to figure out what kind of mods you really like.... If you are going to go with black as an alternate/trim color, you might want to check out buying some vinyl wrap and do the roof in black, but painting it is going to be a lot of $$$$, so be in love with the color you choose. I'm trying to picture that milky hazel color you're wanting but was wondering what the original color of your CR-Z was?

My first choice of aftermarket goodies was suspension, but you might want to keep an eye on the FOR SALE section for a while, so you can snag something good at roughly half the price of buying something new. Other than that, post some pics when you can, and just drive it a while--you'll get used to the silence of the auto-stop. :)

· Premium Member
6,307 Posts
All good advice but do the Maintenance I suggested first. The car will work better and you will get familiar with all the major parts you can do yourself . I hope the shutting off issue is indeed the Auto Stop function which is normal but surprising if you are not familiar with it. A quick read of the owners manual will confirm proper operation of it. If you do not have it you can down load it for free from here Honda Owners Site | Tips, Tools & Benefits for Honda Owners
Oh, I didn't read the rest of your advice, past the slams on his punctuation--and the fact that you edited his original post. Really, have some civility, and give first time posters a pass (unless they're belligerent or rude, etc.) They're just excited about their wonderful CR-Z and want to join the group. So, a little more benevolence; less malevolence, would go a long way.

· Premium Member
9,067 Posts
That was gentle, I did not mean to be mean and I did provide helpful guidance. The only editing I did was combine them together as I have done many times. I also moved it to the appropriate topic. We have had other postings lately and you know which ones I am talking about that were much harder to read and that makes it difficult for us to help if we can't understand the issue..

If I was harsh I apologize. Just trying to make it easier for everyone to understand each other. Spacing and punctuation helps in that regard.

Oh, I didn't read the rest of your advice, past the slams on his punctuation--and the fact that you edited his original post. Really, have some civility, and give first time posters a pass (unless they're belligerent or rude, etc.) They're just excited about their wonderful CR-Z and want to join the group. So, a little more benevolence; less malevolence, would go a long way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.