Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum,
Just received the Lamin-X Fog light protection film (model #H132) for the CR-Z. Upon trying to install it, noticed that it doesn't fit. It is way big. Almost off by 1/2" on both sides top to bottom. I called Lamin-X and they told me that there might have been a mistake on their end. They are going to remeasure and redo the template for future films. They said it might take couple weeks to redo.

So if you are in the market for your fog light protection film. I would wait at least until middle of March before ordering them.

On another note, the folks over at Lamin-X were very friendly and polite (sending me the correct one when it is available).

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just received the recut protection film from the folks at Lamin-X.

As you can see from the picture below. The one on the right is the new (correct) template cut.

Here's another photo with the new film temporarily covering the Fog light.

Hope this helps.

FYI, I ordered the clear 20mil film.

Attachments

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mine were HUGE also. But i never used them. LaminX yellow wasnt yellow.
You should let them know. They will replace them for you. Personally I would just get the clear one for protection and if you want yellow lights, replace the bulbs with yellow bulbs.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered mine (40mm clear) the first part of April and they were fine when I got them.
They fixed them mid march. I must have been the first one to order them back in January.

From the road

·
Registered
480 Posts
do you have to remove the fogs in order to place these? my yellows are waiting! my LED bulbs are waiting too.. i haven't had the gall to go and try and do them myself. any step by step help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do you have to remove the fogs in order to place these? my yellows are waiting! my LED bulbs are waiting too.. i haven't had the gall to go and try and do them myself. any step by step help would be appreciated.
No, you don't have to remove the fog lamp. It is pretty easy, just peel and apply evenly as best you can. They have an installation video if that helps.

YouTube - Lamin-x Fog Light Cover DIY Installation

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where did you get them from?
You can buy the film from Lamin-X.com. The video was on their site. I also talked to them awhile back when I first bought it because of the size issue with the first batch.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, so I assume then the size situation has been worked out...
Um, Yes. In an earlier post, I did a small write up about them including photos.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.