Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the CRZ is my first coupe. Love the car hate the doors that are half the length of the vehicle:angry:. So... has anybody experimented with lambo door hinges on this yet? I know, its a played out show car mod, but it seems practical for the unpractically sized doors of most coupes.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I looked at the topic and went :ionono:

...but I do agree it is hard to get in and out of the car in tight parking spaces due to the MASSIVE doors. I would maybe consider it if I could open the door normally as well. I think lambo doors look stupid on most cars, but I must admit they could be practical in some situations.

·
Registered
298 Posts
i think the IMA might be a flux capacitor because i just traveled back to 1999
Haha, but I couldn't afford mods in '99!

So, if Lambo doors are out, what's the acceptable alternative? Climbing through the windows, Dukes of Hazzard style? Sliding, like a minivan? (Actually, that would be crazy practical if you could pull it off with inside rails) Add an internal release so you can crawl out the hatch? (that one's for you, Triple-H)

·
Registered
320 Posts
This is why we can't have nice things... :rolleyes:
That made me chuckle in the middle of class :blush:
Yes the car can be a little difficult to get into, I saw a hinge set once for my 3rd gen firebird which was non-actuated (so you open the door with you own will power no matter what) but the interesting part was the hinge design allowed you to open the door normally, or, swing it up lambo-style. Just a disclaimer, I would never, ever install something like that on my firebird...but on this Honda........

1 - 20 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.