Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
100% just to satisfy my curiosity I've heard of putting the l15a7 in but what about the b1? I search the community not many are talking about it so I'd like to have anyone with any knowledge on swapping this engine the problems if it works and so on.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Shouldn't be an issue. Would probably need a tune to take full advantage. It will other wise bolt in.

The L15B7 from the new Civic Si is not compatible in anyway. It for some stupid reason has the L family designator but shares nothing with the L family.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shouldn't be an issue. Would probably need a tune to take full advantage. It will other wise bolt in.

The L15B7 from the new Civic Si is not compatible in anyway. It for some stupid reason has the L family designator but shares nothing with the L family.
I'm honestly not to familiar with compatibility, what all do you would need to be changed out with the swap? And I knew I didn't like the new civic for some reason lol (nice car but just not that special)

·
Registered
162 Posts
No idea. Just know they are physically the same as in the transmission bellhousing pattern is the same and so are the engine mount locations.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hasport. Go have a look at their YouTube channel. They have some recent videos on the possibility of swapping the L15B7 as well as a technical overview on the engine and transmission.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No idea. Just know they are physically the same as in the transmission bellhousing pattern is the same and so are the engine mount locations.
That's nice info tho, wish I could find out more on what all I would need I love to explore options to mess with us car. Hopefully others see this and will know more cause I like the b1 (I have a 2017 fit as a dd)

·
Registered
162 Posts

Intake and exhaust are swapped sides on the L15B7. Right at the start of this video Brian covers how different the L15B7 is from all the other L series.

Same as the new K20C shares NOTHING with the rest of the K series stuff.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hasport. Go have a look at their YouTube channel. They have some recent videos on the possibility of swapping the L15B7 as well as a technical overview on the engine and transmission.
Wait now but wait a minute....they commented in their Fit L15B7 swap video that the B7 does swap in the cr-z....

Product Font Material property Beauty Screenshot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts