Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I was looking to see if anyone has a size comparison of the L series in the CRZ vs a k20 or k24.

With the intake manifold being on top of the valve cover of the L series, how does the long block assembly height (oil pan to top of intake manifold) compare to the k series (oil pan to valve cover)?

·
Banned
433 Posts
I don't have exact measurements but the K24 fits with room to spare. See my build over on H-T. I did take the weights and the fully dressed K24 with transmission package is 100lbs heavier than the fully dressed LEA with IMA and transmission.

Oil pan is well above the subframe and out of harms way. The valve cover is 4-5" below the cowl. You will need to move the radiator fans as the intake manifold takes up a lot of space up front.

K20 is 13mm shorter than the K24, all other dimensions are the same.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have exact measurements but the K24 fits with room to spare. See my build over on H-T. I did take the weights and the fully dressed K24 with transmission package is 100lbs heavier than the fully dressed LEA with IMA and transmission.

Oil pan is well above the subframe and out of harms way. The valve cover is 4-5" below the cowl. You will need to move the radiator fans as the intake manifold takes up a lot of space up front.

K20 is 13mm shorter than the K24, all other dimensions are the same.
Could you share a link to your build?

It seems the kseries engines sit at a different angle from the photos of them swapped into the CRZ.

·
Banned
433 Posts
They do have a very slight lean towards the firewall when the oil pan is level.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I don't get what the question is about fitment. Hasport began development on the K-RZ mounts almost immediately and they do amazing work.

K24RZ January 2012 (was finished in 2011).

Ground clearance:

·
Banned
433 Posts
Their mounts look like they put the engine so far forward you have to move the radiator. CV angle is probably pretty high too.

AC also becomes a challenge with the engine that far forward. The compressor clutch and core support fight for space.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Dedicated track and racecars don't need A/C that's dead weight. 100% performance. Drive faster to cool off, stand on the loud pedal until you see God, wait ten seconds, then brake. I thought yous was all about working on rasekars for 18 years!?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't get what the question is about fitment. Hasport began development on the K-RZ mounts almost immediately and they do amazing work.

K24RZ January 2012 (was finished in 2011).

Ground clearance:

My question actually comes from wanting to know the L engine size compared to the K so I can roughly know if the L series will fit into a swap I am thinking of. Not worries if the K actually fits into the CRZ.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
My question actually comes from wanting to know the L engine size compared to the K so I can roughly know if the L series will fit into a swap I am thinking of. Not worries if the K actually fits into the CRZ.
Details please...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts