Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, who would replace their OEM shift knob with a knob like this Mugen knob?

I know the only reason I would would be to save the factory one. That factory one is really nice, and I doubt I would be happy with the fit and finish of a different knob

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Mugen to me is just a name... and i love the feel of the leather wrapped knob vs the all aluminum one... especially in FL with the sun hitting it for a while... try driving with an all aluminum knob after the car has been sitting for a while at least on the stock one you can grab the leather part with ur finger tips lol... i used to do that on my Si and worked great until the knob had time to cool off :D

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have to admit that I sort of liked the base car's shifter knob too.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Mugen to me is just a name... and i love the feel of the leather wrapped knob vs the all aluminum one... especially in FL with the sun hitting it for a while... try driving with an all aluminum knob after the car has been sitting for a while at least on the stock one you can grab the leather part with ur finger tips lol... i used to do that on my Si and worked great until the knob had time to cool off :D
At least you learn to shift quicker ;)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Even the stock knob gets too cold to touch in the winter, right now I keep a knitted hat on it till the wife makes me one, and as long as that's been taking I may just cut and unravel the hat till it fits the knob and just put a rubber band around it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Even the stock knob gets too cold to touch in the winter, right now I keep a knitted hat on it till the wife makes me one, and as long as that's been taking I may just cut and unravel the hat till it fits the knob and just put a rubber band around it.
I have gone into my 4yo girl's dresser and found a sock that did not have a matching one (cause the dryer ate it) and placed it over my knob...

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
um yeah...the kid's sock on the shifter just looks so inappropriate-but I jokingly asked a coworker to knit me a shifter cozy; i need to buy yarn to take in tomorrow AM-
Haha, epic. My uncle made a shifter knob out wood for his car. Might be an option?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.