Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel bad saying that, but this long drawn out process for the CRZ has gotten to me. A few weeks ago I started researching the Civic SI Coupe, thinking that it might be a better fit for me.... Plus it has significant more "ummpphh" and a back seat and no battery stuff to worry about failing.

But it appears there are NO Civic Si coupes available.... Go figure....

Then I "expanded the horizon" and started looking into the Hyundai Genesis coupe.... That is a nice car.... Very nice.... It has a great look and the options available are really nice and it appears like it is in the same price range as the CRZ will be.

I owned a 1990 CRX and have been looking for an update for it for the past 20 years.... I loved my CRX.... But Honda is just not making it easy to go into the CRZ...

Am I wrong in feeling this way?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Everyone has different needs in a car, you need to buy what is going to serve you the best.
When the CRX was released the market was very limited to options available, but these days there is so much competition that you need to really take your time and do your research.

Not many people can live with a car that only has 2 seats.

My main car is a 4 door and my CRX I only drive 2-3 months of the year to cruise in the nice weather, mostly solo.
For regular day to day stuff 2 seaters are a bit of a pain.

A lot of nice coupe options and 4dr options out there with lots of power and at a comparable price.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very true, there are a bunch of possible choices.... I personally like having no back seat..... I have no kids and the wife has a Acura TSX for the rare times when more that 2 people are being moved around.

But the price indications I am hearing and just flat out guessing on are not looking good. It is pushing the CRZ into the price level of much more substaintal cars...

I just keep hoping the US price for a fully loaded (Sat Nav and better stereo) one will be $23,000 or less.

Time will tell....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was a little shocked when I saw the price tag myself. The CRX was a very affordable economy car, but like you said the CRZ prices put it in line with a lot of competition. However, having been a teen (7 year) CRX owner, I just love the car and the CRZ, while more expensive, IS much nicer.

I assume Honda thought we'd be their primary market at first. Also, most of the CRX owners are now in their 30s and 40s with more spending power and are looking for more luxury/options in their cars.

I'm not really a fast driver, but it seems sporty enough to me. It has good power and a great feel. Add that to the fact that I love the design and I was sold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.