Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
301 - 320 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #309 ·
Finally have something worth while to post. I purchased the HPD BBK from pongoro87 as it was a deal I could not pass up. Also thanks to Oliver’s (rustbucket) posting on how he installed his ARP extended stud as I did something similar.

Work starts…

How the stock setup looks like.

Putting on the ARP extended stud:

I had real hesitation in grinding part of the car. But it was either that, or grind half of the tip of each stud or pull out the hub and risk ruining the bearing which I really did not want to do.

I noticed there was already a notch in the hub to remove the stock stud, so I used that as a guide to grind the other side to have about the same size and shape using a Dremel. It was literally 5min or work for each wheel.

Here is the finished hub painted (almost look stock). If I were to do it again, I would still do this approach. The stock notch is on the right side pass the brake shield.

Comparison between the stock rotor and the one part of the HPD

Rotors, HPD calipers, ARP extended stud and 15mm Motorsport-Tech spacers all in.

Now, to put back the wheels. The worries on this install were, either I start rubbing with the 15mm spacers OR the calipers won’t clear the MF10’s because it was only 15mm spacers and not 20mm. The spec of my wheel is 17x8 +55. Which would bring my wheel to +40.

Excuse the dirty car… we are in sever drought in Cali, so I’m just trying to do my part to conserve water.

Needless to say the BBK fit perfectly and looks great with the MF10s. Stopping is also very noticeable compared to the stock setup. An added bonus with the front spacers is the smooth cornering with acceleration. I normally take a turn close to my house so I know how it feels on the stock setup. This time, it was noticeably smoother.

·
Premium Member
6,172 Posts
Nice pics of the BBK install--and enjoying Build Thread you've got here too, but I'm a little late to the show, so I've still got more of it to look through. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #312 ·
Nice pics of the BBK install--and enjoying Build Thread you've got here too, but I'm a little late to the show, so I've still got more of it to look through. :thumbsup:
Thanks... I haven't really taken that much pic of the car and what it has. Which is why I'm trying to update more current pics.

Looking good Ken!

Thanks! This was a much needed upgrade and looks way better than the stock setup with these wheels.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #313 ·
Finally had the time to install the Lecce Carbon Steering Wheel

I think the only other thing worth mentioning is to make sure to have the steering wheel aligned before you take it off. This is what I did.

Comparison between the two steering wheel.

Final look

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #316 ·
Looks great, I might have to upgrade to a carbon one now. Lol.

The only thing I wish about this steering wheel would be the width of the carbon section be the same as the rest of the steering wheel. But it still looks and feels great.

Looking good brother! I just gotta decide what steering wheel I wanna go with now. Trim wise that is.

Regardless of what type it will looks good on your car.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #318 ·
Does anyone know what brake pad fits the HPD BBK? It’s time to replace them (long over due) but can’t seem to find any link, or model number for the brake pads. Honda even does not list the part number for the brake pad themselves. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
6,172 Posts
Does anyone know what brake pad fits the HPD BBK? It’s time to replace them (long over due) but can’t seem to find any link, or model number for the brake pads. Honda even does not list the part number for the brake pad themselves. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!!
I don't have the HPD brakes, but the HPD Supercharger, and there's a number in the documentation to contact HPD in California. You might try calling them--I suppose the number's still good. :) (661) 294-7300

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #320 ·
Testing the waters to see if anyone is interested to buy my CRZ.
First JRSC production installed by Oscar Jackson himself. This car is what is used for the JR catalog.

Price: $13,500 with wheels
Mileage: 100K

Only thing I’ll remove in this car.
Mugen MF10 17x8 Bronze +55 - $3K With Tires.

List of mods: Should be on the first page of this thread.

If interested txt me. 510.499.4669. Serious buyers, not interested in low ballers and I will not part this car out.

Reason for selling:
This car has been in my garage for over 1 ½ years. I don’t drive her any longer and feel that someone else can enjoy this car on the road. I occasionally drive this around the block to make sure fluids circulate and batter charges. There are no issues with this car as I am the first owner and it is well taken care off, always garaged.

301 - 320 of 320 Posts