Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
261 - 280 of 320 Posts
Was wondering if you had gotten your HPD exhaust. Looks great! I didnt have to do any tweaking to get it to fit centered, perhaps a result of the rear end episode? I ran with the stock downpipe and was really pleased with the sound. Got my T1R downpipe in yesterday and installed it today, and like you with your headers, it is just too loud for my preferences, especially with a CVT. So out it will come this weekend and I will go back to the stock downpipe.

Discussion starter · #264 ·
Thanks for posting the videos :thumbup:

It has a nice burble to it, but I see what you're saying. It seems a bit loud in the cabin at higher revs. It does sound pretty mean for a 1.5 hybrid though

Right now it's pretty quiet since I put my primary and secondary cat back on. Lost some noticeable horse power on the top end though. I'll switch back to the test pipe soon.

Discussion starter · #265 ·
Was wondering if you had gotten your HPD exhaust. Looks great! I didnt have to do any tweaking to get it to fit centered, perhaps a result of the rear end episode? I ran with the stock downpipe and was really pleased with the sound. Got my T1R downpipe in yesterday and installed it today, and like you with your headers, it is just too loud for my preferences, especially with a CVT. So out it will come this weekend and I will go back to the stock downpipe.

Hmmm interesting.. Please post some videos. I'm Interested to hear the sound as I'm planning to switch the secondary cat to a test pipe. I suspect it won't sound that bad though.

Would love to comply, but no go pro camera. I would say the sound gets to be too much (for me) in the mid to late power band. That being said, if I were 20 years younger, you probably would not be reading this!

I would say dont hesitate to install your as it will be your decision. You will only loose 45 to 60 min to find out from the time of touching the jack to tires back on ground.

If I had not purchased and installed the downpipe, I would have always wondered....

Discussion starter · #267 ·
Would love to comply, but no go pro camera. I would say the sound gets to be too much (for me) in the mid to late power band. That being said, if I were 20 years younger, you probably would not be reading this!

I would say dont hesitate to install your as it will be your decision. You will only loose 45 to 60 min to find out from the time of touching the jack to tires back on ground.

If I had not purchased and installed the downpipe, I would have always wondered....

Yeah. I plan to install it regardless. Just curious of the sounds. I'll find out in the coming week. The HPD
exhaust with both catalytic sounds almost like stock. I understand why you appreciate the sound.

Discussion starter · #268 ·
It's been a while since I posted here.

Installed test pipe with the Hpd exhaust. It definitely made it louder.

Test fit eyelids

Three coat of black, wet sanded and added the clear coat.

Final look. I'll post clearer pick if anyone is interested.

wat a rear end.. daymnnnnnnn... HOTT!

Discussion starter · #278 ·
I'm about to order the Seibon CF hood. Is it a direct bolt on? Did you need to buy anything else before installing it?

Nice. My hood fit nicely and nothing needed but an extra person to help cary the hood.

wat a rear end.. daymnnnnnnn... HOTT!

It's the HPD rear diffuser and exhaust.

261 - 280 of 320 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.