Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
200 Posts
I'm with VTEC Mini on the Adams stuff. The guy my brother bought his car from mentioned it. Always game to try a new product I ordered their little sample pack. I now use their products almost exclusively. Their detail spray is the best I compared it next to a couple other products and it looked and felt better and its better to use. Nothing of theirs I've tried disappointed me.

Their customer service is second to none as well..had a problem with one of the sprayers being left out of an order. They overnighted me a new one along with throwing in some free microfibers.

So, I waxed mine the week I bought it. Paint was really smooth so no clay bar this time. Besides I need a new clay bar anyway. Since then weekly washes assuming no rain and then spend about 20mins afterwards cleaning windows, headlights, and detail spray on whole car. As for interior I just vacuum and use the adams interior stuff. It doesn't make everything shiny or gooey like a lot of things I've tried. I like meguiars interior stuff too...its one of their products in the brown bottle the professional series.

· Registered
200 Posts
I used to use a car duster and didn't have any trouble. However since then my duster has gotten dirty and all and it fell on the floor a couple times so it has become a toolbox / garage duster for the most part. Usually wash my car every other week. Used to be weekly but at that time it spent 100% of the time outside now its in the garage whenever I'm home.

I will say the #1 thing I've learned over the years of detailing cars is to keep your rags clean. That's really my #1 concern. If I drop it on the ground its in the bucket to be washed before it goes back on the car.

I noticed some very very light swirls on my car :( I think either the factory or the dealer did it. They are too big (radially) for something I would have done as I do 100% of my work by hand and I'm pretty confident it wasn't me. If they get any worse I'll have to spring for a porter cable..I've always avoided it afraid I'd mess up my paint. That and whenever I had a car I didn't care as much about I was always too broke at the time to buy one. I really need a guinea pig car.

· Registered
200 Posts
I'm planning to upgrade a bunch of my towels anyway a lot of them are pretty old. I have a couple newer and more expensive ones I use on the body of the car...they've been in the dryer a couple times so I bet they are ok. I'll just start air drying the good ones. A lot of the older ones I never use on paint anyway and they were cheap to start with.

I will say you can really tell the difference between the better microfibers and the cheap ones. These people may not buy them, but still if you ask me the #1 thing I've learned since I've been detailing cars is the towels and applicators are the most important piece. I think that's why when I see an average car that you can tell someone tries to keep nice it's covered in swirls. I'd rather do everything I can to minimize that even if it means spending a little money once on nice towels. It will pay you back in the end when you are getting rid of the car and nice perfect car will bring a lot more money.

But thanks for the tip, no more microfibers in the dryer for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.