Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
5,332 Posts
:yeahthat:

i'm gonna use a new product i came across called Croftgate... it's a "green" waterless carwash polymer that really cleans the car and is especially good for black cars b/c it doesn't allow dust to stick to the car and it prevents fingerprints too... really amazing stuff you have to see it to believe it :cheer:

· Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Just a helpful tip; When you wash your Micro fiber towels use liquid detergent not powder and do not use dryer sheets or any type of fabric softener in the dryer.
good tip but i'd like to add DO NOT DRY THEM IN A MACHINE!!! Just let them air dry... using a dryer does something to the fibers where eventually if done enough WILL add swirls to your car...

· Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Do they have a US distributor, or do you just buy the Croftgate direct?
well a guy near where i live just opened a Detail shop and only uses this product... he's the only licensed distributor in the US aside from the main guy Frank in North Carolina... there are a bunch of dealers set up across the country... not sure where exactly in Cali, but if you want i can find out how to get you some, just PM me...

· Premium Member
5,332 Posts
which products would you recommend for a new car? Im looking for a good cleaner and wax. do you think the waterless product is worth it? It seems so simple with no use of water. and how many times should we wax if we live in so cal. like once a year?
well the product IS waterless but of course if you have mud kicked up on the sides or something really thick, then you're gonna want to use the water hose to knock it off...

i totally think the waterless products are worth it... the product is made of the largest polymers on the market and will protect the car for well over a year... personally i'd do it every 3-6 months depending on how much you drive...

the "Multi-Clean" or clear stuff is great at removing bugs and unwanted stuff on the car...
"Aquanil-X" or pink stuff is used for the general cleaning of the car... spray on and it lifts the dirt to be wiped off by MICRO-FIBER TOWELS ONLY! (very important)
"Quick-n-Slick" or blue stuff is the wax... it's the one that adds that extra bit of shine and protection... again spray on and wipe off...
"Tire Shine" or white stuff is just what it says... but unlike traditional tire shines this one actually CLEANS TOO! so you can spray that on and wipe off... if you want a high-gloss on the tires, just spray it on and you're set... if you want the nice black look w/o that glossy shine, just spray on and wipe off lightly...

the great thing about these products is that they can all be used in DIRECT SUNLIGHT w/o affecting it's ability to do what it needs to do which is shine your ride :thumbup:

· Premium Member
5,332 Posts
I would be very wary of using a waterless cleaning product. I live in an apartment with it's own integral parking garage, so the idea was very appealing to me but I did some research and what you have to bear in mind is that you're essentially rubbing dirt particles around on your paint. It'll be fine to begin with, but after a couple of years it's very likely you'll end up with visible swirls all over the car.
this is what "google" research proves - you can find the good and the bad about ANYTHING on there... i listen to the experts when it comes to anything i do... so if i have a guy that details cars for a living, i'll take his advice over someone that works at McDonalds on how to properly clean my car...

the waterless car wash system i posted above needs to be used with a GOOD clean microfiber towel ONLY... if you use any other kind of rag, then you can expect to just be rubbing in the dirt into the paint...

the product i mentioned is exclusively used by Barrett Jackson Auctions, Jay Leno, and some other top names in the auto world, to name a couple...

· Premium Member
5,332 Posts
I just got the sample pack for CroftGate cleaning products and I have to say they are really amazing. I'm not too keen on the tire cleaner as it has a matte finish, but I really like the wash and the shine on my black zed. I still need to try the interior cleaner, but will be definitely adding the waterless carwash and gloss to my arsenal. Great recommendation Bizzy thanx! :thumbsup:

-Hoi
glad i could help... i know the 1st official distributor in the nation... he just opened a detail shop nearby and when i went there i was blown away at the quality of the stuff... it is on the higher end of the prices... but that's what you pay for good quality product that is also the only FDA approved "green" product...

as for the tire shine... if you spray it on and let it set by itself, it leaves a very glossy/shiny finish... to get the nice black matte finish you have to spray it on and wipe off... i love it b/c i prefer the matte finish but i can get either finish with one product... the other important thing about it is it doesn't dry-rot the tires or cause premature wear on the rubber... it actually protects the tires and keeps them fresh looking at the same time...

lmk if you need some more, i might be able to talk with him to get you a better deal... he wholesales to dealers (independent shops to sell the product) and sells some in his shop... so he mostly does high volume sales rather than retail... but if u get a bunch he might be able to hook it up...

btw, post up some :pics:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.