Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

· Registered
798 Posts
Nice, I want one. I wonder in anyone has been able to come up with a dyno result for the swap from oem filter to k&n.

It is 42.99 which is not bad. I may consider this avenue. The same setup I have in my fit.

· Registered
1,679 Posts
it's not, but u said just to hold u over til summer. get one or the other lol! tell u what, if u get the K&N now, and want a CAI later, i'll buy the K&N off of ya.

· Registered
1,390 Posts
^ not to hijack, but... brand new plugs from the factory wont be outperformed by newer "better designed plugs". even if you gain 1 whp its not worth the money, spending 40$ on high end plugs for 1hp is retarded. So is getting a crappier filter that flows more dirt into your engine for 1whp.

Save your money! Theres much better things to be spending your money on instead of plugs and air filters.

spending 80 bucks for 2whp potential isnt worth it. especially if the air filter increases the chances of damaging your engine.

· Registered
1,679 Posts
the K&N will be fine on this car. the apparatus that directs the air to the filter is so damn long that most particulate won't even make it there. i'd personally recommend removing the silencer, etc, before installing any intake, including this filter. also, i think that this filter would provide a gain of more like 2-4 whp.

· Registered
1,609 Posts
so what i got from the link is that you can have more flow through the after market filters but does not filter better. You can have better filtration from stock filter but not as good flow though the flow doesnt restrict as much as one would think.

So i still think im gonna get an after market for the flow and will just do a intake cleaning with the spray cleaner maybe once a year to possibly help get what dirt goes go through the filter out of the engine.

· Registered
887 Posts
Save your money! Theres much better things to be spending your money on instead of plugs and air filters.
So, what's this magic thing we can spend our money on right now for this particular vehicle that will give us this great WHP per dollar? I keep reading on various threads the same sort of response.. don't waste your money, there are better things...

What are these things!?!? I really want to tweak my car.

(this is sort of rhetorical as I ordered one of these filters and I can't wait to put it in the car.. but if there is something I've missed that will give me some great gains for the money for this vehicle right now, I'd like to hear what it is)

--Unless you meant better things that aren't car related.. In that case, sure there are, but to each his own.

· Registered
2,488 Posts
^ an intake. the only one available is the HKS which has a filter that will probably filter just about the same as K&N but will increase whp far more than just a drop in. i think that was tin tin's logic with that statement.

· Registered
798 Posts
I think the filters are great, if you want it buy it. Dont let others suggest what you should and shouldnt do with your money. Its a proven great product hands down. I've had the same one in my fit for 3 years. Cleaned it every 6 months, no issues whatsoever.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.