Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they are 15% all around.. these pics were taken an hour after i got it done and in direct florida sunlight too. I even tinted the little window on the back of the hatch lol

If we had a black interior i may have done 20% im really happy w the way it turned out, looks better in the shade too :thumbsup:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol yea i bought the car in bedford OH.. Lol I live in orlando and drove it back from Ohio! Ppl were taking pictures of it out their window and i got a thumbs up from a guy in a new skyline.. It was awesome lol

Im gonna put up some pics right before the sun went down it looks soo much better in dim light w the tint

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
looks sweet, dont know why i just thought of this but does anyone else relize the bottom rear window has defrost also. Also in my rex the top window was the dominant one in the mirror, but now its the bottom. cant wait to tint mine, then here come the tickets... decisions decisions

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe even be the first to take the headlights apart and paint the non-necessary shiny pieces black. Hmmm that would also look good on a white car lol. Nice and subtle
I was thinking about it.. i dont want to tint the because thats the easy way out lol painting them would give it the subtle but custom look that i want.

Ive never takin lights apart so im worried about damaging them too

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I was thinking about it.. i dont want to tint the because thats the easy way out lol painting them would give it the subtle but custom look that i want.

Ive never takin lights apart so im worried about damaging them too
Did some custom work on my GTi headlights with no problems, but with the HIDs i would worry about the heat but if someone knows better then......

Nice, now give the backlights a little black smoking coat.
SHSHSHSHSSHshshsshshh thats my idea:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I have the same % on my CL9. Looks awesome on black cars. Sadly it is also slightly illegal to tint the front-side windows here, but I've not had any complaints yet.

...but with the HIDs i would worry about the heat but if someone knows better then...
HIDs actually give off less heat then normal halogen bulbs ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Lol yea i bought the car in bedford OH.. Lol I live in orlando and drove it back from Ohio! Ppl were taking pictures of it out their window and i got a thumbs up from a guy in a new skyline.. It was awesome lol

Im gonna put up some pics right before the sun went down it looks soo much better in dim light w the tint
May I ask why you went to Bedford Ohio from O-Town FL? Are they marking them up over sticker down there? I mean there are 200 Honda dealers between Ohio & FL, just curious.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
he was referring to putting the headlights in the oven with the HID bulbs still in them...
Why would you do that? Should be doable to take out most of the fancy stuff before putting them in the oven? At least take out the bulbs! ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.