Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my CR-Z on Saturday. I ordered it back in Feb. so I've been pretty excited for its arrival. I'm in Japan and they're really starting to roll out here. I hadn't actually seen one on the streets, but yesterday I passed 3.

Here's a few pictures of mine.

I'm going to add the tailgate spoiler next month.

I used to have a CRX, probably like most of you here. I love the car and the drive is great. The only complaint I have is viability is pretty bad. I can't see the back 2 corners at all. Side mirrors and a reverse camera on the navigation do the trick, but I haven't really gotten use to them yet.

Anyway, glad to be here and I look forward to seeing everyone's pics.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yes very nice pics thank you. As with Ian, my red sport is scheduled for end June.

It interesting to see this Japan version, quite a few differences to the EU models. Only the GT version has the sat nav and fog lights over here, plus we get a glass roof. Do they really put a wiper on the rear window? Never seen that on our version.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the nice comments.

Reading around on this forum, I realize I don't know enough about my own car :)

I've just been looking at the materials in Japanese and my Japanese reading level is pretty low. (I can get the gist.) Here, there are 2 versions, an alpha and a beta. Alpha is the upper version, which I'm assuming is what everyone is calling the GT.

I got the Alpha which comes with the rear wiper. It wasn't really something I was looking for. I almost never use my rear wiper and as far as I can tell, you can't really see out the hatch window anyway.

Here is a Flash 3D preview you can add and remove options on. It's the Japanese model and it's in Japanese, but just click the options and see what gets added. You'll be speaking Japanese in no time :)
http://www.honda.co.jp/CR-Z/webcatalog/3d/exterior/index.html

I could have gotten the glass roof, moon roof. It was an extra option. I really wanted a sun roof, but no can do. I like the air with a sun roof, the open feel, and the ability to shut it completely.

The Japan version has 2 back seats. I know the US version doesn't. How about the UK?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yeah the UK version is 2+2 also, 2 seats would have been a deal breaker for me. I have a little girl who is just approaching 3. We used a full size stage 1 toddler car seat during our test drive (non-isofix) which are really huge and stick out over the back seat even before my little'un has her feet sticking out. Since my wife is from Hong Kong, she is pretty small build and we could put the passenger seat all the way forward which worked during the testdrive, but she couldn't open the glove box like that, her legs were in the way.

So in 4 months time when my daughter is 3 (and hopefully 15kg) we can look at using a stage 2 seat which are much smaller and should allow her legs to hang over the seat in the usual place, allowing the passenger seat to be somewhere in the middle of its movement range.

This is our 2nd car which will be used mostly by me on the work trip, we have a Jazz (fit) for the family stuff normally, so its ok for the 2+2 in the CR-Z to just be big enough instead of tons of room.

Are they the 17" Electra wheels on yours? I've ordered them for mine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree that it's tough to go with just a 2 seater if you have a family. I have 4 kids, so this car is really just for me to get around to work and stuff. We have a step wagon for family trips.

The 17" wheels are an extra option. The alpha version comes with 16" and I thought about getting the 17s but I didn't really like the rims they had in the set. That is to say, I liked the 16s better.

Plus, I already spent too much adding on all the other options; speaker lights, sports pedals, tailgate garnish, tailgate spoiler (coming), mats and covers. The rear accents came free, because the factory made a mistake. I ordered the tailgate spoiler and they added the rear accent instead. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hello,

Have you received a registration plate from Honda? I received one earlier this week. Apparently, they are being send to people who placed orders before the car officially went on the market, in late February.

Mine is an Alpha model, but without much of the garnish and the sun roof. The colour is dark pewter and there are some pictures in the Driving Impressions thread.

Best,

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.