Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I share with all of you. First off, it's my anniversary tonight and I was heading home in my little blue CRZ, when this nicely modified CRX scoots by me. I thought to myself, I can take this guy. So, as we neared the interstate junction, a faily new black Vette pulls in between us. Interesting... I put her on sport mode and was on the Vette's butt in the west bound loop and he was on the CRX's. Soon as we hit the 5 lanes, the Vette hammers down and leaves both of us! I wasn't gonna screw around at first, cause I knew better, but I just wanted to see what my car would do! I downshifted and caught the Vette, then passed him. He looked like he was actually having difficult keeping up with me...? Then, the CRX passes both of us and I downshifted to 4th, passed the CRX and he wasn't pleased with this at all, lol. The last number I saw on my dash was 89, but the officer that got me, said I was doing 101mph!!!! The officer was a younger fella and was really nice about the whole thing. I'm sure he knew I was just having a little fun and he did give me a ticket, but it could've been a lot worse than it was. I had not updated my address on my license and I didn't have a current insurance card in the glove box... I'm almost 36 years old and haven't had a ticket in years and I'm actually impressed with the little hybrid hitting 101 MPH! Some of you may not like this, but I thought it was fun and all in all, I totally deserved the ticket and the officer was a nice guy to boot :pP:

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Uh oh.. Another street racing thread.. Mods delete one thread and another pops up.

Fire a way... :iough:

:popcorn:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've never done anything like this before... I'm always the safe driver... But when I hit the "sport" button, it's just so amazing to still be able to call it a hybrid :thumbsup:

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
^ not taking that bet..

Insurance company will get the ticket shortly showing 101mph.. With all the databases linked together, all the insurance companies will have it. (not the personal stuff - just a ticket on a CR-Z for 101) = Statistics which can reflect the underwriters requirements on insurance premiums or companies can use to maybe artificially justify higher premiums.

Sorry, can't help meself...

:popcorn:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It says 26 mph over posted limit, so the way the officer typed it out would be, I was doing 96mph in a 70 mph zone. Oh well, my insurance company has already told me that the average age for the 2011 CRZ is between 22 and 28. So, with that being the case at the time in February, my insurance was $50ish/mo, full coverage, which I thought was rather high for a hybrid and me being 35 years old, but they said the people buying them were in their 20's and that's what they base their premiums on... I'm sure someone has beat my record speed, just hasn't said anything about it yet :sleep:

EDIT: On another note, I was still averaging 40 mpg at 89 mph, lol! At least the car said I was...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Happy Anniversary!!!

But...:ionono: That could have been one terrible anniversary for your other half with the slightest mishap. I am no saint so who am I to preach. :iough::hiding:

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
It says 26 mph over posted limit, so the way the officer typed it out would be, I was doing 96mph in a 70 mph zone. Oh well, my insurance company has already told me that the average age for the 2011 CRZ is between 22 and 28. So, with that being the case at the time in February, my insurance was $50ish/mo, full coverage, which I thought was rather high for a hybrid and me being 35 years old, but they said the people buying them were in their 20's and that's what they base their premiums on... I'm sure someone has beat my record speed, just hasn't said anything about it yet :sleep:

EDIT: On another note, I was still averaging 40 mpg at 89 mph, lol! At least the car said I was...
Most of the children who have bragged about setting record speeds have been banned from the board for attitude issues. The mods have deleted several idiotic street racing threads and "I set a world speed record cuz I'm so tough" threads, because:

1. It encourages the other children to be naughty
2. Its illegal, and the forum does not advocate illegal activity
3. tempers get heated because of the stupidity when the children start trying to justify their behavior

I hope you don't have any other tickets on your record.. it is possible that your insurance company might drop you totally.... and you won't be able to find anything but high risk insurance.... and that will be as much as your car payment. Actually.. I do hope you have other tickets.... :)

But hey.. at least you, or the idiot in the vette or the moron in the CRX didn't kill anybody... so that's good at least....

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
^ Hard to argue any of the points as outlined. Be careful and responsible out there.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
happy anniversary. so you're paying $50/month? what's your coverage look like? who are you using? my crap is like $130/month.

also, give the ticket to a ticket clinic. that's your best bet. i had 86 in a 65 in my last car and they got it dismissed.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Normally I am quite on this and let the moderators handle it
You are very lucky your car did not get seized.

True Story: Woman struck, 2 cars seized

October 22, 2005
ORLANDO -- Street racers struck and critically injured an Orlando woman as she tried to walk across Silver Star Road at dawn Friday, the Florida Highway Patrol said.

Both of the speeding Honda compact cars hit Ketna Similien, 19, about 7:05 a.m. near Hastings Street on the busy east-west roadway, troopers said.

The Hondas were seized from their drivers under a state law that took effect Oct. 1 allowing police to impound vehicles involved in street-racing incidents for 10 days, FHP spokeswoman Kim Miller said Shane Thomas, 19, of Ocoee and Abdool Razack, 29, of Orlando, were arrested at the scene on charges of reckless driving and street racing, Miller said.

Similien suffered massive head injuries and was admitted in critical condition to Orlando Regional Medical Center. She remained in critical condition later Friday.

If she dies, the drivers could face charges of vehicular homicide, Miller said.

About 10 other motorists stopped at the crash scene and gave troopers witness statements about both Hondas speeding and weaving through traffic for at least a mile before they hit the teenage pedestrian.

Puts a different light on it all to me.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
happy anniversary. so you're paying $50/month? what's your coverage look like? who are you using? my crap is like $130/month.

also, give the ticket to a ticket clinic. that's your best bet. i had 86 in a 65 in my last car and they got it dismissed.
Thanks Sleighman. Reality check appreciated.

Looks like the original ticketclinic is a California thing. Google it and get many, many hits. Buyer beware. Just be careful.

And we probably on a certain level, messed up the anniversary after you posted the street racing scenario.
Apologize. As one who has had 30 something of them, I sincerely give you guys congrats and hope you have many more.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.