Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks! I just purchased a Honda CR-Z yesterday in Oklahoma City. I'm kind of curious to see if I can find this cars previous owner through this forum to better understand any modifications it has. I know that it has a Mugen wing on the back so I suspect there may be more done to it but in all honesty I am not mechanically savvy enough to just be able to look at parts and tell if they are aftermarket unless they just look different than stock Honda parts. There is also a decal on the back window for KODA Norman, if that helps.

I got this vehicle specifically for the gas mileage (I was originally looking at Priuses and Chevy Volt's) and I am glad I stumbled upon this fun little ride. With just shy of 104,000 miles the car feels solid. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go another 150,000 miles for me, which is what I'm going for. Drive it until the wheels fall off they say.

Anyway, glad there is a community dedicated to this car. I'm sure I will frequent this forum any time I need tips, tricks or repair advice. Glad to be here

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey folks! I just purchased a Honda CR-Z yesterday in Oklahoma City. I'm kind of curious to see if I can find this cars previous owner through this forum to better understand any modifications it has. I know that it has a Mugen wing on the back so I suspect there may be more done to it but in all honesty I am not mechanically savvy enough to just be able to look at parts and tell if they are aftermarket unless they just look different than stock Honda parts. There is also a decal on the back window for KODA Norman, if that helps.

I got this vehicle specifically for the gas mileage (I was originally looking at Priuses and Chevy Volt's) and I am glad I stumbled upon this fun little ride. With just shy of 104,000 miles the car feels solid. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go another 150,000 miles for me, which is what I'm going for. Drive it until the wheels fall off they say.

Anyway, glad there is a community dedicated to this car. I'm sure I will frequent this forum any time I need tips, tricks or repair advice. Glad to be here
Post pics when you can.
Fair warning though, this forum’s pretty slow. Not a lot happens here.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
719 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

For reference, here's a stock engine bay.
Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle

If anything under the hood looks different from this, it's most likely aftermarket.

·
Administrator
7,679 Posts
A few things I tell new owners to do. Fix any issues or defects the car has then look in the service history book ( if it is still in the glove compartment) see what maintenance was done when. Sometimes that book is missing or was never filled out.( You can order a replacements for any of the missing manuals from the glove compartment here Honda CR-Z 2013) If that is the case do all the listed maintenance's to get a good base line. Most selling dealers will reset the maintenance minder so you can't always go by that. I also recommend have the under hood battery replaced or at least load tested. If tires are more than 5 years old replace them too. Depending on mileage add a new engine belt and spark plugs to the list. Yearly I replace the 2 air filters and all the wiper blades. Mine is also a 2013 but I am its only owner and driver and it just reached over 80K miles. Doing maintenance early or more frequently is never a bad thing.

Is yours an MT or a CVT?

·
Registered
397 Posts
One of the guys I used to work with had a sticker on his hard hat, KOBJA, similar to the KODA sticker on your car. I finally asked him what that stood for one day. He told me Kiss Ol Billy Joe's Ass. So, maybe it was something similar.

Congrats on the new 2013 ride. I picked up a 2013 a few months back also. I have almost added 9k miles to it already in 3 months. It's going to see a lot of mileage. Like you, I hope to get another 150k out of it and hope it lasts till I am ready to retire in a few years.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Engine stuffs look all original, including nuts and rivets at least on the surface.
Most probably accident free.
You're a lucky buyer.

·
Administrator
7,679 Posts
The Original Poster FuelSaver405 has not posted any pictures yet. The picture of the engine bay was posted by MrFastFox666 of his CR-Z and as ryanthegreat1 stated MrFastFox666's has a K&N filter sticker and non OEM Ballasts.

Engine stuffs look all original, including nuts and rivets at least on the surface.
Most probably accident free.
You're a lucky buyer.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
5 seconds with google says koda norman is a cross-fit gym on the outskirts of Oklahoma City, where OP is from.

OP, sanitize that interior 😛

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm also in OKC, well edmond. All that looks stock except the HID ballast and that K&N sticker is put there to tell maintenance shops that you have a cleanable intake filter, not a replaceable. The K&N filter will be a purple/red color. If you filter is that color, you most likely have one.

·
Administrator
7,679 Posts
See my posting above. The OP has not posted pics yet that pic is from @MrFastFox666's car so we do not know what the Original poster has.

I'm also in OKC, well edmond. All that looks stock except the HID ballast and that K&N sticker is put there to tell maintenance shops that you have a cleanable intake filter, not a replaceable. The K&N filter will be a purple/red color. If you filter is that color, you most likely have one.

·
Administrator
7,679 Posts
Here is a Picture of the under hood on my car. This one is a 2013 EX with NRG chrome hood struts, OEM dealer replaced battery from 2015 and a quick disconnect for my battery charger/maintainer connected permanently to the battery. But we still have not seen FuelSaver405's :ROFLMAO:

OP stated they have a 2013 and was trying to determine if stock.

Car Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Administrator
7,679 Posts
Yes, he did and has discussed it before in other threads if you have questions about that please keep to appropriate threads. There are a few here that are active who are knowledgeable on K-Swapping. If you are interested in that, do a search and respond in those threads.

@Nivek has done a few of them and has posted DIYs. Look at his postings and of course ryanthegreat1's build thread. Below is just one of @Nivek's threads.
another very cool K-Swapped CR-Z was this one Rustbucket's Build Thread
You K24 swapped your CRZ?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I am in OKC too with a 13 EX 6MT, if you have questions. I work on Tinker and mine is white. Not too many around town, I see a red one and a gray one a lot, in the area.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts