Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
If the fuse is not blown then the problem lies in the IMA. :-(

Remove the jumper wire and check for continuity between that stud and the battery terminal. Or check for 12v at that stud with the jumper removed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Am I not seeing a blown fuse on the battery terminal integrated fuse block contraption? Hold it up to the light like that photo from amazom. Gross, scamazon.

Also your friend owes you something and you get to make fun of his inability to distinguish red from black.
Yes the one's on the right doesn't seem to be blown but the left one is definitely as it won't do anything unless he put that piece of wire instead of the fuse.

Also other than this i couldn't understand which fuse will be blown for the radio and all the interior lights.

Also that OBD port isn't working at all. Like it hasn't power or fuse is blown for that as well.

Well about my colleague i would have definitely done that but he is senior in age to me and more like i just know him formally so can't even make fun about it

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sounds like you might have a few more blown fuses. Check the fuse panel under the dash.

Fuse 1, 14, 28, and 44 would be my guess. Probably should inspect them all. Kind of split between 1 and 44 can't remember which one powers the OBD port. Will have to look when I have access to the manuals tonight.

·
Administrator
7,672 Posts
The thread I referred to above lists every fuse in the car in the under dash fuse box. The fusible link/terminal he needs is available from Amazon( and other sources just search by part number). Replace that first and then trouble shoot the rest. if part of that terminal fusible link is blown that is first item then take a test light or a meter and touch each fuse under the dash and hood and see which ones have no connection then replace those with the same size. Each fuse if you look at it closely has a small place you can use a paper clip or probe and test the fuse on each side above the terminal. The other method but takes longer is remove each fuse hold to the light and see if there is a connection between the 2 terminals. Some auto parts places have fuse testers for very little they sometimes come in the box of fuses, allows you to test and also in those boxes is a fuse puller like the one in our fuse box. I just use a needle nose pliers and a very cheap meter. An upgrade you can consider is the fuses that have a light on them when the fuse blows but a meter or a test light is good enough.

and others just use a search engine for 38210-TK6-003.
Here is a UK link https://www.parts-honda.uk/honda-cars/assignment_spare_parts/38210TK6003
Sounds like you might have a few more blown fuses. Check the fuse panel under the dash.

Fuse 1, 14, 28, and 44 would be my guess. Probably should inspect them all. Kind of split between 1 and 44 can't remember which one powers the OBD port. Will have to look when I have access to the manuals tonight.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yup you did. Obd port is not specifically listed. I think it is on the backup fuse 1 under the dash. I will check the wire diagrams tonight to verify.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Yup you did. Obd port is not specifically listed. I think it is on the backup fuse 1 under the dash. I will check the wire diagrams tonight to verify.
Fuse 1 definitely powers the OBD port. I was just helping my homie the other week fix a blown fuse issue.

Reactions: ryanthegreat1

·
Administrator
7,672 Posts
Fuse 1 is the "Backup" fuse and is not in the car when shipped specifically to disable the IMA and many parts of the car to prevent discharge of the batteries. it is the one with the thick white line around it and is the main fuse for the car other than the fusible links on the positive terminal that you have to replace the terminal to fix. car will run with fuse 1 blown but IMA and many other items are disabled.

so need to replace the battery terminal and the 15 amp #1 backup fuse. There maybe others

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Finally the matter is solved
Fuse #1 15A was blown, replaced it with 15A screen washer one for now and everything started to work as it should.

Will replace the terminal fuse as its still working with the piece of wire.

Many Thanks to all of you.
Your help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Oh yuck. The forum didn't download the image and serve it from vertical scope? Yuck. Won't be doing that again. Edited the photo post to be hosted here.

I do not endorse auto parts from Amazon at all. Way too many counterfeit products and Amazon does nothing about it. Bearings, sparkplugs, and engine air filters all come to mind. They will list and show an OEM part and you get china junk attempting to be OEM parts. The layperson would probably not catch it until too late. NGK spark plugs are notoriously bad if fulfilled by Amazon.

·
Administrator
7,672 Posts
The Honda Rear Differential Spoiler for my car that I ordered from Amazon was delivered by a Honda dealer. Your experience may vary. The posting did not look odd in any way. Any issue I have ever had with an Amazon purchase was refunded with no issue at all and some items they did not want back. I have never paid for return shipping. Other non specific to a CR-Z you have more of a chance of fakes. As for standard replacement parts (wiper blades, Air filters etc) I get standard replacements and all have been just fine.. They are standard replacement parts made by all kinds of companies some names I recognize others not but all work. The cabin filter was a Fram the wiper blades were Trico and the engine air filter was Ecogard. All the same brands I had gotten from other suppliers(RockAuto) and seen in my local stores just less expensive to order on Amazon. Ebay you have more fake products than Amazon but there are many on both you just have to read carefully. Research the vendor and see if you can find their physical address and phone number. If you can, call them and see if you get a bad feeling if you don't then order directly or through Amazon. same rules apply for Amazon or any other place you order stuff from. Do your research don't just use a blanket stayement that all are bad. Amazon recently removed 100s of vendors but some bad ones will always slip through. It is the nature of online businesses. As long as you can get a refund then it is all good. ordering from Amazon is safer than some random company you find using a search.

I mentioned Amazon as he said he could not find one and the Amazon postings had the part listed by part number and the pictures looked the same as what I had seen on hondapartsnow. Being a specific to Honda part I would chance it if there was no other supplier ( dealer etc) he had access to.

Oh yuck. The forum didn't download the image and serve it from vertical scope? Yuck. Won't be doing that again. Edited the photo post to be hosted here.

I do not endorse auto parts from Amazon at all. Way too many counterfeit products and Amazon does nothing about it. Bearings, sparkplugs, and engine air filters all come to mind. They will list and show an OEM part and you get china junk attempting to be OEM parts. The layperson would probably not catch it until too late. NGK spark plugs are notoriously bad if fulfilled by Amazon.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sure if you don't mind wasting your time. Couple extra dollars is worth it to me to purchase from a reputable vendor and not miss deadlines.

·
Administrator
7,672 Posts
Lets agree to disagree. He said he had no supplier in that case trying Amazon beats unknown not Honda dealer supplier. It is a specific Honda Part not a generic replacement part, if listed by part number and the vendor checks out better than some random web source. Best would be the Honda parts chain but if he has none local or can't find one then this is the best alternative I could think of. As I said I have ordered Honda specific CR-Z part on Amazon and the vendor was a dealer. I had no problem.

Things like bearings, spark plugs and others are more plentiful and more universal so more fakes.

All I am trying to do is get the guys car fixed as quickly as possible. Being he is not in US I have no idea what sources he has available and if they are good or bad or scammers. At least Amazon is a known quantity with consumer protections that work that I have used many times.

Ideally he walks into a Honda dealer and walks out with the part and installs it in the parking lot with his 10 MM wrench.

Sure if you don't mind wasting your time. Couple extra dollars is worth it to me to purchase from a reputable vendor and not miss deadlines.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts