Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
Today my 12v battery got low. It won't start the car.
I asked my colleague to help me start my car he put the jumper cables on his side wrong way and when i tried to connect on my side it sparked, corrected the cable to start my car but nothing would come on my car's display.

Called a Mechanic he came put a wire for the fuse on wire attached to battery and the car started but the IMA light came on IMA check system message. No bars on the battery and also not showing charge or assist.

He tried to connect to OBD but that wasn't working as well. Also my radio and interior and door lights aren't working as well. He checked some fuses from the inside ones but couldn't solve the issue he has suggested me to go to a Hybrid expert as he isn't one.

I am attaching picture for the error as well.

Please help me if anyone has been through this or does have an idea that how it could be sorted.

Thanks.
Speedometer Car Vehicle Trip computer Odometer
Motor vehicle Gas Engineering Electrical wiring Machine

·
Registered
977 Posts
Check fuse 1. It's the backup fuse and powers the OBD port. It's not a good idea to hook up the jump cables backwards but hopefully all you have is a blown fuse.

Reactions: Juvat

·
Administrator
7,679 Posts
Sometimes it will reset after so many starts or so many miles. Also check all the fuses in both blocks the under hood and the one under the dash. The IMA codes cannot be read by the low cost ODB II scanners you will need someplace that has an HDS (Honda Diagnostic System) or other professional scanner. It might need a trip to a dealer.

Once code(s) are obtained we maybe able to assist.

Hopefully it is just a fuse or it needs a reset since it runs but with error it is not the fuseible link on the battery positive terminal.

@PeterPerkins any other suggestions?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check fuse 1. It's the backup fuse and powers the OBD port. It's not a good idea to hook up the jump cables backwards but hopefully all you have is a blown fuse.
Thanks for the reply.

Where to locate this fuse 1, also my radio and internal lights aren't working.
Do you know which will be the fuse for them.

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sometimes it will reset after so many starts or so many miles. Also check all the fuses in both blocks the under hood and the one under the dash. The IMA codes cannot be read by the low cost ODB II scanners you will need someplace that has an HDS (Honda Diagnostic System) or other professional scanner. It might need a trip to a dealer.

Once code(s) are obtained we maybe able to assist.

Hopefully it is just a fuse or it needs a reset since it runs but with error it is not the fuseible link on the battery positive terminal.

@PeterPerkins any other suggestions?
He did check a few but he wasn't able to find the blown one and then he said i don't have enough time now to check all of them and suggested me to go to a hybird expert. Also my radio and interior lights aren't working are they connected to this issue or there is separate fuse for them

·
Registered
304 Posts
Check the fuses on the positive battery terminal. Those are the only fuses under the hood.

Seeing that your battery charge light is also illuminated that is very likely the point of failure.

The fuse block assembly has to be replaced as a unit. 38210-TK6-003 is the Honda part number.

You won't get very far before the 12v battery is drained.

·
Administrator
7,679 Posts
This thread identifies all the fuses

He did check a few but he wasn't able to find the blown one and then he said i don't have enough time now to check all of them and suggested me to go to a hybird expert. Also my radio and interior lights aren't working are they connected to this issue or there is separate fuse for them

·
Administrator
7,679 Posts
There are other fuses in the box with the relays. The one which is part of the terminal if blown the car will not start or run at all and you have to replace the whole cable or the sub cable to the terminal. Yes that was the other fuses I was talking about. 3 places to look. The under hood fuse box , the terminal fusible link and the under dash fuse box. This is a matter of terminology.

Check the fuses on the positive battery terminal. Those are the only fuses under the hood.

Seeing that your battery charge light is also illuminated that is very likely the point of failure.

The fuse block assembly has to be replaced as a unit. 38210-TK6-003 is the Honda part number.

You won't get very far before the 12v battery is drained.

·
Registered
304 Posts
This is the battery terminal fuse block, under the red cover on the positive battery cover. I think it is the right most fuse in this picture that you are going to find blown.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Rolling

Edit: Same image but hosted here. Image is for illustration, I do not endorse the watermark company.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is the picture for the fuse box with the terminal that was blown and he put a wire there just for now as he didn't had the fuse with him.
Motor vehicle Gas Engineering Electrical wiring Machine

·
Registered
304 Posts
Ah it was that fuse!

That whole terminal block gets replaced. The individual fuses are not replaceable. Probably set a code when that fuse blew and needs to be cleared. May or may not clear after 2 drive cycles.

·
Administrator
7,679 Posts
The whole block gets replaced. it is technically not a fuse it is a fusible link(set or links) and if it had not been there you would have worse issues.Does not matter if it is one circuit or 4 you still have to replace the whole Fusible link.

There are actual fuses under the hood too.

Ah it was that fuse!

That whole terminal block gets replaced. The individual fuses are not replaceable. Probably set a code when that fuse blew and needs to be cleared. May or may not clear after 2 drive cycles.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ah it was that fuse!

Yes i have tried looking for it on google but Couldn't find it but.
Is this part sharable with any other vehicle. As I am in uk and crz parts are really hard to find.

·
Registered
304 Posts
38210-TK6-003 is shared with the following US market vehicles.

2016 Honda CR-Z 3 Door EX, 3 Door EX-L, 3 Door LX KA 6MT, KA CVT
2015 Honda CR-Z 3 Door Base, 3 Door EX KA 6MT, KA CVT
2014 Honda CR-Z 3 Door Base, 3 Door EX KA 6MT, KA CVT
2013 Honda CR-Z 3 Door Base, 3 Door EX KA 6MT, KA CVT
2012 Honda CR-Z 3 Door Base, 3 Door EX KA 6MT, KA CVT
2011 Honda CR-Z 3 Door Base, 3 Door EX KA 6MT, KA CVT
2013 Honda Fit 5 Door FIT, 5 Door Sport KA 5AT, KA 5MT
2012 Honda Fit 5 Door FIT, 5 Door Sport KA 5AT, KA 5MT
2011 Honda Fit 5 Door FIT, 5 Door Sport KA 5AT, KA 5MT
2010 Honda Fit 5 Door FIT, 5 Door Sport KA 5AT, KA 5MT
2009 Honda Fit 5 Door FIT, 5 Door Sport KA 5AT, KA 5MT
2014 Honda Fit EV 5 Door STD KL 1AT
2013 Honda Fit EV 5 Door STD KL 1AT

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Am I not seeing a blown fuse on the battery terminal integrated fuse block contraption? Hold it up to the light like that photo from amazom. Gross, scamazon.

Also your friend owes you something and you get to make fun of his inability to distinguish red from black.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts