Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

With the release of the HPDSC coming up I though I would go ahead and make this thread. I'm curious to see the final HP numbers of the HPDSC. Assuming that the price of the HPDSC and JRSC stay close together, there could be some hard decisions to make come spring. Now I'm going to sit back and grab the popcorn... :popcorn:

·
Registered
590 Posts
The problem is that I have with the HPD one besides the price it will probably be, is that they only have it available for the 6mt. Which JR has systems available for both.

I mean the Honda HPD front brake package is $2100 I can only imagine what we're looking at for a complete supercharger system.

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts

·
stop taking me seriously
8,136 Posts
Where'd ya end up finding a price for that brake kit?

If that's with pads and rotors included, then it's really not a bad price at all for a 300mm BBK! Especially considering it's coming from a dealer.
College Hills Honda has it up for $1530. Comes with calipers, rotors and brake pads.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,498 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Where'd ya end up finding a price for that brake kit?

If that's with pads and rotors included, then it's really not a bad price at all for a 300mm BBK! Especially considering it's coming from a dealer.

Edit -

Here's a link for pricing;

HPD: College Hills Honda
Yeah, the pricing I had found was directly from the dealer.

The college hills price isn't that bad.

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
Yep defiantly interested in that brake kit
It's a reasonably priced kit, although for the same price you could also have a set of Spoon Calipers, 300mm Stoptech Slotted Sport Rotors, and some good Carbotech pads. (Using DC5 Type-S Discs, and S2000 pads)

There's no denying it's cool that they've put together a factory option 4-pot aluminum caliper option, though.

·
stop taking me seriously
8,136 Posts
It's a reasonably priced kit, although for the same price you could also have a set of Spoon Calipers, 300mm Stoptech Slotted Sport Rotors, and some good Carbotech pads. (Using DC5 Type-S Discs, and S2000 pads)

There's no denying it's cool that they've put together a factory option 4-pot aluminum caliper option, though.
No way you can get a set of new Spoon calipers for under $1500.

·
stop taking me seriously
8,136 Posts

·
stop taking me seriously
8,136 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:eek:fftopic: Has anyone seen any dynos for the HPDSC? I've seen different articles throw out all kinds of HP numbers

1 - 20 of 65 Posts