Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has installed the red JDM reflectors that are in the rear bumper on a Mugen kit? I have them, but couldn't get them to fit because it has a different fitting vs the factory bumper :( I've considered shaving the back and double side tapping the bastards, but I'd rather have it "factory" like- especially considering they cost almost $100! Any suggestions or tips?! Thanks
-Romie

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
it won't go in all the way? or it just won't stay in place?

i know there was the option of screwing them in place on the stock diffuser if hat is the issue, but if it won't actually go in all the way then it sounds more like a problem with the kit, or maybe they sent you the wrong reflectors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here are 3 options you can play with.

Option 1: Foglamp "ON" when you turn your headlight on.

or

Option 2: Foglamp "ON" when you STEP on your brake pedal.

or

Option 3: Both of option 1 & 2, when you tap on brake, the light bulb will become brighter if not just normal light! (I believe this is the set-up you are looking for)

I just install my rear JDM bumper except for the wiring on the rear bumper foglamp as i still can't decide which to go for.

As for option 3, you will need to have a "twin-wire" bulb instead of standard bulb. But our reflector bulb connector/head have only 2pins set-up. (You need to have 3pins bulb connector/head) We'll need to find way to mod from 2 to 3 pins. Once that is settle, we shall go for wiring below...

Tap the below wire from your veh tail wire into your 3pins set up on your reflector

The "WHITE&BLACK" from our car tail is the ground wire.

The "GREEN" Left side of veh & "ASH" Right side of veh from our car tail is the small lamp wire.(Bulb will light up when headlamp turn on) Connect this to Yellow OR RED.

he "PURPLE" Left side of veh & "ORANGE" Right side of veh from our car tail is the stop lamp. (Bulb will light up brighter when you step on your brake padel) Connect this to the "last" un-connected wire above.

Good luck hope this helps!

Jarad. cars for sale in gauteng

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips! Extensive write up Jarad! Sadly, I just have the reflectors and not the reverse fog lights... I'd love to see your installation of the JDM bumper and foggies though :)
As for mine, I might just heat up the reflectors and disassemble them and make some sort of backing to screw into the bumper. I'll post some pictures when I get the chance of what I'm looking at. Or I could just sell them and buy the "specific" set for the Mugen kit, if there is one...

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are the pics of the bumper, reflector and my dilemma:

The factory bumper has inserts that can be removed. Unfortunately, the Mugen kit is already smoothed out. It should fit, but something has to be modded: the $900+\- bumper or the $75 reflector... Hmmm, tough call~ lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts