Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

What Is Your Reaction To The Brochure Featured CR-Z?

• Amazing - Can't wait to buy it!

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Very Impressed

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Impressed

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Average

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Not Very Impressed

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Hate It - Honda lost my sale

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How'd you guys feel about the brochure? See anything that you really liked? Able to translate anything in there??

Feel free to post any pictures or see this link for all the pictures from the brochure.

Don't forget to vote in the poll above either!!

What we know so far:

0-62 MPH in 9.7 seconds

1.5 liter four cylinder iVtec engine:
114-hp at 6000 RPM
107 lb-ft at 4800 rpm

Electronic Assist:
14-hp at 1500 RPM
57 lb-ft at 1000 rpm

Total:
126-hp with 164 lb/ft

Transmission:
6 speed manual
CVT automatic

Fuel Mileage: 51 MPG in Japan possibly translating into 41MPG (North American)

Length: 408 cm (160.6 inches)
Width: 174 cm (68.5 inches)
Height: 139.5 cm (54.9 inches)
Wheelbase: 243.5 cm (95.9 inches)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hard to believe the super-attractive chrome or highly polished wheels made it to production in Japan. I was sure they'd disappear before production. Let's hope they come to the U.S. as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I wonder what all the Colors are, and what those New Colors, the Green and Blue. I wonder what they are called and what they look like

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hopefully over the coming days more and more info from the brochure will be translated. I'm guessing from the picture we may see some more colors or possible interior color options as well - looks like some of the bottom of the brochure is cut off

It's a nice relief, for me at least, to see the MPG numbers much higher then some early speculations have put them at.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The numbers seem really good in my opinion. I am happy about the MPG numbers also Mike.

I would like to see more horsepower but that can always be increased by mods or maybe even by the time the CR-Z hits the North American soil.

To see an actual brochure for the car is amazing!!! I had my doubts from time to time about the car going to full out production and not just dying as a concept.

Any clue if there is any sorts of prices in there or model levels of the car??

Also doesn't appear as if a lot has changed from the 95% near production car to this one, some badging, license plate, some awesome fog lights and less blue.

·
Registered
83 Posts
This car is coming together much better from what I thought it would be.

I like comparing the first concept pictures to the production pictures of our CR-Z. Like seeing a little kid all grown up. :)

Downside is still the power, still think Honda could up it some. What is the weight anyways...was it released?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well the thing about the power is that, isn't there a rumor that the US version will be more powerful? that and the fact that it is confirmed that the US version is a two seater, wouldn't that lower the weight? 130hp? 160hp? optomistically ?

·
Registered
693 Posts
I am a bit surprised at the slow 0-62 time. Comparing this car to the Honda Fit, the US Fit has basically the same gas engine power without the additional electric motor power and the dimensions indicate that the two cars are approximately the same overall size. Yet the Fit gets to 62 about 1 second sooner. This would indicate that the CRZ may weigh significantly more than the 2520 pound that the Fit weighs. This would be a disappointment for me, abet not unexpected since the hybrid power carries with it the weigh penalty that goes along with batteries and an additional electric motor/generator.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The Mugen looks awesome! And SHINKU, I like your Red CR-Z, that looks great

·
Registered
7 Posts
How'd you guys feel about the brochure? See anything that you really liked? Able to translate anything in there??

Feel free to post any pictures or see this link for all the pictures from the brochure.

Don't forget to vote in the poll above either!!

What we know so far:

0-62 MPH in 9.7 seconds

1.5 liter four cylinder iVtec engine:
113-hp at 6000 RPM
107 lb-ft at 4800 rpm

Electronic Assist:
13-hp at 1500 RPM
57 lb-ft at 1000 rpm

Total:
126-hp with 164 lb/ft

Transmission:
6 speed manual
CVT automatic

Fuel Mileage: 51 MPG in Japan possibly translating into 41MPG (North American)

Length: 408 cm (160.6 inches)
Width: 174 cm (68.5 inches)
Height: 139.5 cm (54.9 inches)
Wheelbase: 243.5 cm (95.9 inches)
Not put in the brochure that is 114hp + 14hp, instead 113hp+13hp?

·
Registered
693 Posts
I am not sure that it is an accurate measure of total power to add the horsepower of both the electric motor with that of the gasoline engine, since the hp rating listed for the electric motor is based on 1000 rpms and the hp rating of the gas engine is rated at 6000 rpm. So without a measure of the hp of the electric motor at 6000 rpm, we really don't know what the maximum hp of both motors combined is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Mugen looks awesome! And SHINKU, I like your Red CR-Z, that looks great
Thanks I forgot who did the photoshop, but that I think is the CRZ with the Civic Si's ralleye red, but Im Glad the CRZ comes in Milano Red. I dunno if I should hold my breath or not, but Im hoping the US version will be different in HP and some of the looks, since we already know it's different on the inside cabin

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm very impressed by it. I had a gut feeling the 0 to 60 time would be slower but the looks of the car really make up for it.

I would liked to have seen more picuters of the car in different colors but that will be moer of a surprise for later. The sudden and random release of this brochure is good enough.

It must be very close to release in Japan if the brochure is finalized in Japan....the car is finally coming out!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Impressed but not blown away impressed.....maybe saw too many pictures from concept and near production that this just looks like what I pretty much pictured it would be - has that productiony feel.

Still rates high on my radar to look out for next year when purchasing a car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts