Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts
Discussion starter · #23 ·
K&N Typhoon arrived last week and I'm just now getting around to uploading the photos. I felt like this was a straight forward install aside from dealing with the coolant hoses which resulted in me bleeding all over my engine block.

Also went out with another member here on the forums for a photo op at night. I feel like these are the only 3 worth showing since my first 2 were slightly out of focus.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Ok, quick little update. I'm looking at getting a Ktuner unit since I have a '13. This will be my first car getting a tune so I'm not sure what to expect but I have high hopes the output will be somewhere between 140-150whp.

Ok, quick little update. I'm looking at getting a Ktuner unit since I have a '13. This will be my first car getting a tune so I'm not sure what to expect but I have high hopes the output will be somewhere between 140-150whp.
I was thinking of going with KTuner sometime down the road too. I did have my 2013 tuned after the Sprintex install, but the actual numbers for hp were a bit lower than expected, but I had nothing to directly compare them with (before Sprintex and after Sprintex,) It was hard finding a local tuner willing to work with my set-up--the LettRip software, controlling the piggyback unit, so the the biggest obstacle was finding someone who didn't reply, "sure, but only if you have hondata!" So, if you haven't found a tuner yet, call around ahead of time, just to find out who will be interested in working with the KTuner, as I've found "hondata ONLY" to be the response from most tuners out there. Good luck, and I'm interested in your results.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
We actually got some snow here in Georgia even if it is just a light dusting. I was kind of hoping for a lot more but at least I can say it snowed.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
I added an led light bar to my car over the weekend. After some broken drill bits and frustrations I finally managed to hook it up with some adequate wire management.

It definitely matches with the drls, but I feel like adding some led fogs would make it complete.

I'd be way too tempted to drive it plus there is no where to park it here with the rental too.
Will they maintain the IMA Battery? see recall and other thread on this. You may want to reconsider your choice. Do you have a friend with a place you could keep it and drive it once a month for 30 minutes?

This is critical to the eventual life span of the IMA battery pack. If I was going to leave at the dealer I would have charged the IMA all the way up and pulled the back up fuse like when it slept on the ship coming over.

I hope you do not mind my chiming in on this.

Discussion starter · #37 ·
The service dept manager at my dealer told me that her rep said the parts would be shipping out this past Thursday and the would possibly be in on Monday. Hopefully if this is true they shouldn't have the car for more than 2 weeks. I know several others who've been told this, so there is some reason to believe it.

If not, I'll just call them up and make sure the vehicle is charged.

The service dept manager at my dealer told me that her rep said the parts would be shipping out this past Thursday and the would possibly be in on Monday. Hopefully if this is true they shouldn't have the car for more than 2 weeks. I know several others who've been told this, so there is some reason to believe it.

If not, I'll just call them up and make sure the vehicle is charged.
Good luck and I hope you were not lied to. I do believe there is one CR-Z Forum Member(Litz) whose vehicle has been fixed. 2016 owners are exempted from this as theirs were delivered "fixed".

Discussion starter · #39 ·
Alright, so I have a few things to add to my build.

First things first, I went back and rewired my setup for the light bar and full time drl relays. This time I put the fuses in a water tight block to tidy up my work.

I also grabbed another switch for future projects..

and I picked up a set of led LED turn signals.

They require load resistors to prevent hyper flashing. Installing these has been a pita because of my mounting choice.

To top it all off, I made and installed these side diffusers.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.