Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Jdawg's PWP Build Thread

19K views 79 replies 21 participants last post by  Crz8855 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey everyone! I guess I'll go ahead and make a build thread now that I feel like going further with the mods than I had planned on.

This is how she currently sits.

So far I've added:

Exterior
3” led fog light housings
350Z bumper duct
3rd brake flasher
diy side splitters
full-time led drl
ijdmtoy diffuser lights
jdm astar front led turn signals and rear turn signals
jdm astar back up lights
replica Mugen spoiler
rear oem splash guards
tail light liner mod
white led tag lights
Team Heko window visors
wiper delete

Interior
brighter floor light mod
cool white interior leds
faux leather door inserts
Kenwood Road Series 6 1/2" speakers
polyfil subwoofer enclosure

Suspenion & Chassis
Koni struts
Swift springs
Spoon Sports FSB

Drivetrain
GE8 Manifold
HKS Silent Hi-Power axle back
K&N Typhoon
T1R test pipe

Wheels and Tires
Sparco ProCorsa 17x7.5
Continental Extreme Contact Sports 225/45r17

See less See more
#2 ·
My T1R test pipe and OE deck spoiler came in. I love the way the car sounds and drives now.

And here's some updated shots with the orange plasti dip. I'm not sure if Im liking the center caps being bare or not. Either way I get a lot of looks where I'm at.

#4 ·
I've picked up a few parts since my last post.

HKS Silent Hi-Power

20mm hubcentric wheel spacers and OEM spash guards

and I earned this one.

I'm thinking about getting the ge8 intake manifold and jdp rear diffuser next.

#12 ·
Snapped a few shots on my way to a job the other day.

I also, after a misunderstanding about some TEIN coilovers I ended up purchasing a set of D2 RS coils which should be arriving within the next week or two. I look forward to figuring out how to drive around the railroad tracks here in Douglasville.

#23 ·
K&N Typhoon arrived last week and I'm just now getting around to uploading the photos. I felt like this was a straight forward install aside from dealing with the coolant hoses which resulted in me bleeding all over my engine block.

Also went out with another member here on the forums for a photo op at night. I feel like these are the only 3 worth showing since my first 2 were slightly out of focus.

#26 ·
Ok, quick little update. I'm looking at getting a Ktuner unit since I have a '13. This will be my first car getting a tune so I'm not sure what to expect but I have high hopes the output will be somewhere between 140-150whp.

#27 ·
I was thinking of going with KTuner sometime down the road too. I did have my 2013 tuned after the Sprintex install, but the actual numbers for hp were a bit lower than expected, but I had nothing to directly compare them with (before Sprintex and after Sprintex,) It was hard finding a local tuner willing to work with my set-up--the LettRip software, controlling the piggyback unit, so the the biggest obstacle was finding someone who didn't reply, "sure, but only if you have hondata!" So, if you haven't found a tuner yet, call around ahead of time, just to find out who will be interested in working with the KTuner, as I've found "hondata ONLY" to be the response from most tuners out there. Good luck, and I'm interested in your results.

#30 ·
I added an led light bar to my car over the weekend. After some broken drill bits and frustrations I finally managed to hook it up with some adequate wire management.

It definitely matches with the drls, but I feel like adding some led fogs would make it complete.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.