Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Does anyone know the differences between all the different versions of the CR-Z? I know the American version has no rear seats. In photos of the American version, I can't see whether or not it has a "Start" button.

Being from Canada, I would love to know if the American version is identical to the Canadian version. I heard somewhere that the Canadian version takes after the Japanese version a little more, but I can't see that making sense.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Here is a running list that CRZForum member bizzybear put together:

DRL LEDs
USDM - No
EDM - Yes
JDM - Yes

Back Seats
USDM - No
EDM - Yes
JDM - Yes

Panoramic Glass Roof
USDM - No
EDM - Yes
JDM - Yes

1.5L IMA Drivetrain
USDM - Yes
EDM - Yes
JDM - Yes

6MT (manual transmission)
USDM - Yes
EDM - Yes
JDM - Yes

CVT (continuously variable transmission)
USDM - Yes
EDM - No
JDM - Yes

Leather
USDM - No
EDM - Yes
JDM - Yes

Red Hazard Button
USDM - No
EDM - Yes
JDM - Yes

Push Start Button
USDM - No
EDM - Yes
JDM - unconfirmed

Headlight Sprayer/Washer
USDM - No
EDM - Yes
JDM - unconfirmed

As far as the Canadian and USDM version, I suspect they will be very close to the same.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Yea, but our price starts off <20,000$ including dest charges. If you convert the cheapest CRZ in UK (16,999L) translates to $25,000. the EX trim is gonna cost $24,000.

I'd like a sunroof and LED headlamps though...:spinning:
actually they said "priced above the current insight" which starts at $19,800 USD... and the cheapest UK is 15,999 which is about 23k or so...

·
Registered
27 Posts
actually they said "priced above the current insight" which starts at $19,800 USD... and the cheapest UK is 15,999 which is about 23k or so...
they had said above insight, and that's why initially people guessed it was going to be 21k or something. But today they officially announced it was $19,900 (below 20k) and the EX trim is ~22k, and with navigation is ~24,000. Our top of the line one costs as much as your base, but we also lack a lot of stuff. Also, maybe poor public reception in the US has to do with the lower price (?)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I read that the reason the US model doesn't have rear seats is because the country has a rule that insist rear car seats have headrests. There isn't enough room for headrests in the CR-Z rear seat area, they would poke out of the top of the roof.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ouch, that's a lot of NOs!
I second that - way too many NOs - What is Honda afraid of - selling too many loaded CRZs? Why do we get the stripped versions while the rest of the world gets the leather, sunroofs, upgraded headlights? I'll bet they even left out the spare tire. From my perspective, decontenting the CRZ is a game changer that will turn potential buyers off.

Too many NOs!

:bs:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well, I suppose you get what you are willing to pay for.

The price I paid for my CR-Z, Japanese alpha grade, with some optional extras, was about 3,000,000 Japanese yen, which is around US $33,400.

If Honda plan to market the car in the US for under $ 20,000, they will have to cut some corners.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.