Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
So does anyone know if we are getting the LED headlights, or the leather seats here in the U.S.? I also saw a video on YouTube today from FifthGearUK and in the video behind the rear front seats it looks like there will be a 2nd set of seats, but in the pictures posted on Honda's website there are no rear seats it looks more like 2 storage bins. Does anyone have any insight into this. Here's a link to the video.

YouTube - Fifth Gear Web TV - Honda CR-Z First Look

·
Registered
348 Posts
oh and by the way Yellow Monkey, since you are my only current connection to Japan, i'm going to be bothering you for those LED headlights :hi5:
Same here...I would want that led. But I would get the EDM version and not the JDM ones. JDM is left hand drive and will have a different cut line and will blind oncoming traffice for us US drivers.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
So does anyone know if we are getting the LED headlights, or the leather seats here in the U.S.? I also saw a video on YouTube today from FifthGearUK and in the video behind the rear front seats it looks like there will be a 2nd set of seats, but in the pictures posted on Honda's website there are no rear seats it looks more like 2 storage bins. Does anyone have any insight into this. Here's a link to the video.

Unless something changes on Honda's end it looks like we won't be getting leather, led headlights or rear seats in the US.

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts

here... http://www.crzforum.com/forum/factory-specifications/284-differences-usdm-edm-jdm-cr-z.html
Same here...I would want that led. But I would get the EDM version and not the JDM ones. JDM is left hand drive and will have a different cut line and will blind oncoming traffice for us US drivers.
if that is the case i'd get a JDM one and a EDM one to blind EVERYONE on the road :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CR-Z&mugenCR-Z

I'm sorry in poor English
This might allow an extra care

The CR-Z is officially announced
http://www.honda.co.jp/CR-Z/

The mugenCR-Z is officially announced
http://www.mugen-power.com/automobile/products/CR-Z/

Gear ratios
1 3.142
2 1.869
3 1.303
4 1.054
5 0.853
6 0.688
R 3.307

The CR-Z and I think America will be different

In Japan the way the LED headlight is not high ratings

Because, AUDI copy (pakuri) is therefore

Japan's CR-Z fan and want the headlights of the U.S.

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
In Japan the way the LED headlight is not high ratings

Because, AUDI copy (pakuri) is therefore

Japan's CR-Z fan and want the headlights of the U.S.
i will gladly trade you for the LED lights... and i'll pay for everything... i'll even send my lights to you first so you don't have to wait for them and go without headlights...

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
CR-Z
5 0.853
6 0.688

Fit Sport
5th: 0.727

Ok I'm gonna have to admit total ignorance here but doesn't the higher the ratio the higher the fuel economy while cruising in said gear?

If so why does the gear ration decrease from 5th to 6th?

·
Registered
148 Posts
A lower gear ratio will allow the wheels to turn faster than the engine would be turning allowing more speed. This is in sacrifice of torque at the wheels.

So with 6th gear having a lower ratio than 5th gear, your car will be able to go faster in 6th gear with the same engine speed. This also means that if your going the same speed in 5th gear and 6th gear, the engine will be turning slower in 6th gear thus saving gas. (if its at a good rpm)

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
CR-Z
5 0.853
6 0.688

Fit Sport
5th: 0.727

Ok I'm gonna have to admit total ignorance here but doesn't the higher the ratio the higher the fuel economy while cruising in said gear?

If so why does the gear ration decrease from 5th to 6th?
you misread it... and it's actually the opposite... as the numbers go down the gears become longer... read the 1-6 again and you'll see that 1st is 3.142 which is short...

think of it in terms of actual ratios... if the final drive is 4.25 and the gear is 4.25 the ratio is 1:1 meaning you are MAXIMIZING the amount of acceleration but the top speed is sacrificed in that gear... now if the gear is 0.650 then the ratio is 6.5:1 meaning the gear is spinning 6.5 times for every 1 time the final drive spins resulting in a higher mph...

i hope that makes sense lol...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.