Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

It's Official !!! RPF1 17x9 +45 w/ 245/40 tires !!!

21K views 35 replies 15 participants last post by  Klasse Act 
#1 ·
Today I test fitted someones enkei rpf1's on my crz.
They were 17x9+45's with 245/40 tires all around.
The final results were that they definitely do fit.
The space between the rear tire and shock body was just over 1/2".
The space between the front tire and the strut body was about 3/8".
At full lock, the tire rubs a little on the plastic inner fender liner.
But those were 245's. It won't be as bad if you use 225's up front.
For a drop over 1", you would definitely need camber and rolling.
Below shows all the pics. Overall, I'm very please with the outcome!

See less See more
#5 ·
Well the 17x9's are only 15.9 lbs. each. Yes the tires are much heavier but that's the sacrifice you gotta pay. I don't plan on auto-x, time-attack, or quarter mile runs.
I'm gonna get them because I love the way they look.
I'm sure the car will be a tad slower but oh well. Again, I love the wheels.
I'm debating between the silver or black. Not sure yet.
I'm just glad we opened some informational doors for the crz world.

#8 ·
:yeahthat: Thanks for sharing... Definitely a bit wide in front. Might have to stagger with smaller size in front to get a good clean look if going that direction.. Did you take it for a drive and see how it handles??

#14 ·
Yea, I am looking at the Swift Pics and it looks like a pretty good drop. Looks nice with the stock 16"s. Probably would not work with RPF1 17x9 245/40 - especially with a 1" trim on the bump stops I just noticed on their thread.

#16 ·
yeah....looking at all those who have the swift springs, im led to believe they may be too low with these wheels i want....

i either have to go super mild like eibach pro-kit or tein h-tech

or fine tune my drop with coils...

#21 ·
with these pictures i think im ready to give my 2 cents. if youre only doing springs and plan to run the wheels as shown i dont think they look that good up front. the rears are almost perfect in terms of fitment but you may want a lighter / narrower tire to keep weight close to stock. The fronts will 100% need camber and maybe a fender roll. I dont think just a narrower tire will get you the "tucked look" - friends dont let friends drive on poked wheels. lol

#18 ·
^ Sarg, I dunno man. I'm thinking they are a bit too wide and messing with the lines of the CR-Z. Also thinking may have some additional issues with even a .8" drop.

#19 ·
Honetly, i dont know why everyone is spacing out the rears. The geometry of the car is set up forward staggered from the factory. You dont notice it so much on the stock wheels but yoirs and mine really excentuate the staggered look for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#27 ·
Honetly, i dont know why everyone is spacing out the rears. The geometry of the car is set up forward staggered from the factory. You dont notice it so much on the stock wheels but yoirs and mine really excentuate the staggered look for sure.
I think the "forward staggered" look (front track wider than rear track) is less than desirable to most, since it is not considered a sporty look. To each his own, though.

My preference is just to have the front and rear wheels line up nicely with the fenders, and to achieve this on the CRZ you must run a wider offset wheel in the rear to compensate for the factory setup.

This is why I am currently waiting 4-8 weeks for a special order of 7.5"w +45 front and 8"w +35 rear wheels.

I am afraid that there is just no room for comfort with 9"w wheels on the Z, especially in the front. The 9" rears might be okay, but an 8" wide front wheel would probably accompany them nicely.

#26 ·
I hope that you have considered the dynamics of when you are cornering hard, the suspension will drop down by 1-2 inches, just like lowering your car with a shorter spring. Under these conditions rubbing of fender liners or even fenders can show up that do not show up when the car is sitting still or going straight.

#31 ·
You won't find too many tire choices in 225/40/17.

I think the only street tire is one from Nitto.

BTW, you know the hydroplaning/slushplaning incident you had today, it will be even more likely to happen with either of these tire set ups. Be careful out there!

#33 ·
looks good, i figuerd that you would rub on the inner fender liner at full lock. I sure did with my 235's. Also it only rubbed over bumps.

Im switching to 215/45/17's and taking the hit on a little stretch. It will make it much better for lowering the car though in the long run. Plus the reduced unsprung weight will be better for acceleration, fuel economy, braking and probably less of the car darting around over bumps.

#35 ·
Today I test fitted someones enkei rpf1's on my crz.
They were 17x9+45's with 245/40 tires all around.
The final results were that they definitely do fit.
The space between the rear tire and shock body was just over 1/2".
The space between the front tire and the strut body was about 3/8".
At full lock, the tire rubs a little on the plastic inner fender liner.
But those were 245's. It won't be as bad if you use 225's up front.
For a drop over 1", you would definitely need camber and rolling.
Below shows all the pics. Overall, I'm very please with the outcome!

just want to ask if i plan to install 17" 8.5jj rim is it ok to used 245/45/17 or isit ok just using 225/50/17??? doest it have clearance enough to the wall??

#36 ·
IMO the rear looks perfect, why change that out at all?! The fronts on the other hand need either the smaller tire (225) or maybe even a 16" version of the same wheel, running a 225/40/16, something to think about. The rear is perfect and needed NO wheel spacer, go for that size wheel/size tire combo for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.