Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I test fitted someones enkei rpf1's on my crz.
They were 17x9+45's with 245/40 tires all around.
The final results were that they definitely do fit.
The space between the rear tire and shock body was just over 1/2".
The space between the front tire and the strut body was about 3/8".
At full lock, the tire rubs a little on the plastic inner fender liner.
But those were 245's. It won't be as bad if you use 225's up front.
For a drop over 1", you would definitely need camber and rolling.
Below shows all the pics. Overall, I'm very please with the outcome!

· Registered
693 Posts
Now you just need 150 more horsepower to push along those big tires and you will have yourself a real performance car.

Overall you have a wider contact patch than I do on my
NSX which is equipped with 215/40/17 in front and 255/40/17 in rear.

· Registered
1,390 Posts
looks decent, but i agree with the above statements, i do feel a hit on accel a bit and braking is crappier. Thinking i should have gone with a 225 width to save some weight.

OH well. glad you got them on there.

· Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the 17x9's are only 15.9 lbs. each. Yes the tires are much heavier but that's the sacrifice you gotta pay. I don't plan on auto-x, time-attack, or quarter mile runs.
I'm gonna get them because I love the way they look.
I'm sure the car will be a tad slower but oh well. Again, I love the wheels.
I'm debating between the silver or black. Not sure yet.
I'm just glad we opened some informational doors for the crz world.

· Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
Thx for posting the pix, as it's really helpful to see people post all different sorts of fitments. Never seen that wide in wheel or tire yet, especially in front.

-Hoi

:yeahthat: Thanks for sharing... Definitely a bit wide in front. Might have to stagger with smaller size in front to get a good clean look if going that direction.. Did you take it for a drive and see how it handles??

· Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:yeahthat: Thanks for sharing... Definitely a bit wide in front. Might have to stagger with smaller size in front to get a good clean look if going that direction.. Did you take it for a drive and see how it handles??
I just tried on the 2 you see on the drivers side. So I didnt get to test drive.

So for now I'm just saying my pennies...:thumbsup:

· Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
I just tried on the 2 you see on the drivers side. So I didnt get to test drive.

So for now I'm just saying my pennies...:thumbsup:
Aye, looking forward to your future post.... :hi5:

· Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
the tein springs are only like .8 or somethin
Yea, I am looking at the Swift Pics and it looks like a pretty good drop. Looks nice with the stock 16"s. Probably would not work with RPF1 17x9 245/40 - especially with a 1" trim on the bump stops I just noticed on their thread.

· Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah....looking at all those who have the swift springs, im led to believe they may be too low with these wheels i want....

i either have to go super mild like eibach pro-kit or tein h-tech

or fine tune my drop with coils...

· Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
^ Sarg, I dunno man. I'm thinking they are a bit too wide and messing with the lines of the CR-Z. Also thinking may have some additional issues with even a .8" drop.

· Registered
1,390 Posts
Honetly, i dont know why everyone is spacing out the rears. The geometry of the car is set up forward staggered from the factory. You dont notice it so much on the stock wheels but yoirs and mine really excentuate the staggered look for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.