Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
421 - 440 of 444 Posts
Where is this legend????
Or just MIA?

Hey ITEM9, if you are still within earshot, this book was recommended by a friend on another board. Thought of you as soon as I read the description. I haven't kept up with your build, so not sure how your water injection and other plans for upping the power are going, but in case it is of interest:

http://www.amazon.ca/SUPERCHARGING-guide-superchargers-water-injection-ebook/dp/B00FGDKK5Q/?tag=vglnk-ca-c1124-20

Product Description
If you intend to build your own supercharger kit, or if you are looking to get the most out of an existing kit, this book is for you. It covers a lot of subjects, :supercharging history, types of superchargers and advantages of each, fuel injection modifications, bypass and blow off valves and intercooling. There is also a large section on water injection with easy to understand charts explaining what fluids to spray and how much. It has about all the information you need to design and build your own supercharger kit. It also has charts to show pulley ratios needed for various levels of boost for most popular sizes of superchargers on various engine sizes from 1.3 to 7.4 liters. a list of superchargers that can be found on cars at salvage yards, various auction sites, etc. It has power and temperature charts for various blowers. It describes in GREAT detail the advantages of turning a smaller supercharger fast for a given level of boost as well as the advantages of a big supercharger turning slowly. This will really help you choose the right supercharger for your goals. The book is in full color, and it has lots of helpful pictures and charts.

Or just MIA?

Hey ITEM9, if you are still within earshot, this book was recommended by a friend on another board. Thought of you as soon as I read the description. I haven't kept up with your build, so not sure how your water injection and other plans for upping the power are going, but in case it is of interest:

http://www.amazon.ca/SUPERCHARGING-guide-superchargers-water-injection-ebook/dp/B00FGDKK5Q/?tag=vglnk-ca-c1124-20

Product Description
If you intend to build your own supercharger kit, or if you are looking to get the most out of an existing kit, this book is for you. It covers a lot of subjects, :supercharging history, types of superchargers and advantages of each, fuel injection modifications, bypass and blow off valves and intercooling. There is also a large section on water injection with easy to understand charts explaining what fluids to spray and how much. It has about all the information you need to design and build your own supercharger kit. It also has charts to show pulley ratios needed for various levels of boost for most popular sizes of superchargers on various engine sizes from 1.3 to 7.4 liters. a list of superchargers that can be found on cars at salvage yards, various auction sites, etc. It has power and temperature charts for various blowers. It describes in GREAT detail the advantages of turning a smaller supercharger fast for a given level of boost as well as the advantages of a big supercharger turning slowly. This will really help you choose the right supercharger for your goals. The book is in full color, and it has lots of helpful pictures and charts.
:rotfl: can u trust a supercharging book if it has an alfa romeo as the front cover ?!? hhhahaha

:rotfl: can u trust a supercharging book if it has an alfa romeo as the front cover ?!? hhhahaha
Canadian bought it because it had an Alfa on the front cover, then noticed they were talking about superchargers as a bonus feature. LOL

And, hello Item9, if you're still out there. Nice build, and I still use this thread for inspiration and good ideas.:thumbsup:

Just went through this whole thread. Needless to say, it's an awesome build. I notice you ran a 15.3 after installation but it was mentioned someone else that you ran a 14.94 in the 1/4. What changes did you do to get from 15.3 to 14.94? I noticed the extrude honing and ignition coil changes. Still not sure what had the biggest impact though or any impact. Trying to learn a little bit here. Thanks for any info. :smile2:

I was thinking of starting my own build thread as there is so much stuff I want to do to my new 2016 CR-Z but after reading this...what's the point? Item9 Build > anything I could ever do.

Nice work man. I am so jealous.

421 - 440 of 444 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.