Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
401 - 420 of 444 Posts
Discussion starter · #401 ·
Post Dragon Meet Update

Ok, so during this years Dragon Meet, my car developed some new sounds... One was my seat squeaking from a loose bolt. Easy fix. The other was this rattle sound that sounded like it was exhaust related... Well it suddenly turned into a full blown exhaust leak about 600 miles from home. My CR-Z sounded like some beater POS... I figured a bolt came loose or something. I finally got it on my lift to look under the car and couldn't find any problems with missing bolts. Then I grabbed at the EGR line... Floppy and loose... The welds for the EGR line on my HKS Metal Cat had completely failed... It probably had gotten cracked when I had a slight off-road adventure on the Dragon where I had scraped the underside of my car. The ARK exhaust did have some pretty substantial scrape marks on it... Then with the engine flopping about with the stock engine mounts, it eventually completely broke free. Might just weld it closed since I really don't have the EGR turned on anyways...

Good news is the "misfire" issue is GONE. Not one misfire code after days of relentless beating on my car... Now that I know the car will be reliable, I'm much more inclined to get going with my piston/rod swap...

Great to hear you've exorcised the demons. The car's that is - I don't expect you will ever shed your own though.

Discussion starter · #404 ·

Cracked.

No wonder it was so loud!

This is probably what got it started...

This scrape on the IMA battery compartment is to the LEFT of the centerline of the car, which is what that round plug on the right is located upon. That scrape is from the edge of the pavement, so I was over half a car width off to the side of the road at the rear... There was a 5-7 inch drop off to the "shoulder".

Scrapes on the fuel tank underpanel...

...some more further back. Good thing we have these!

I won't say who my passenger was, but I will say if he hadn't been talking the entire time, this probably would have never happened...

New rule for all passengers:

Sit down and shut the hell up!

It could have been way worse though... The Dragon can bite you MUCH harder than that... That was more like a Dragon lick.

I won't say who my passenger was, but I will say if he hadn't been talking the entire time, this probably would have never happened...

New rule for all passengers:

Sit down and shut the hell up!

It could have been way worse though... The Dragon can bite you MUCH harder than that... That was more like a Dragon lick.
Was it the same guy who caused the loss of Josh's J's lip? Well, I suppose Kyle is the guy who caused the loss Josh's J's lip, but I mean the same passenger.

Discussion starter · #408 ·
Lol first it was one excuse now its another...we all make mistakes its ok
Well... ahem... Of course it would appear that way to you, because you are just now finding out about what I had been saying to everyone else at the meet the entire time since it happened... I will admit, my state of mind might have had something to do with it, but I was also getting pretty distracted in there... But, yes, the mistake is all mine; I let myself get distracted and it's on me to not let that happen.

Did you catch this incident on your gopro? (Please say yes!)
NO

Was it the same guy who caused the loss of Josh's J's lip? Well, I suppose Kyle is the guy who caused the loss Josh's J's lip, but I mean the same passenger.
It was indeed the same passenger...

Discussion starter · #414 ·
Where did you find the LHD Mugen floor mats?
Some people had to die in order for me to get those. You don't want that kind of blood on your hands...

Hey now ill admit I talk a lot but I don't break the abs and lock up the brakes... I rode with chak attack and Dave with no incident too
Everyone knows the Chakattack don't crack.

Jesse, where did you go in Ohio? My cousin said she was just at a big autocross event at mid Ohio raceway.. Didn't know if that's where you were or not?
Negative. Just visiting a "friend" in Ohio.

I had a problem with OPDS on my 2002 Legend. I solved it by replacing the whole seat with a used one. In case it happened again I tried to measure the resistance of the OPDS so I could fake it in future. It isn't readily possible. The sensor has four wires. Black blue green white. Resistance black to blue 123 ohms black to green 110 ohms BUT infinite in the reverse directions so there is a diode in there somewhere. White doesn't appear to be connected. Conclusion? Not simple to fake the OPDS.

401 - 420 of 444 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.