Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I loved driving my ‘13 blue mt, but yesterday I was rear-ended, while making a right hand turn, and spun across the road into a ditch and telephone pole.
Really sore today with probable damage to my left MCL ligament and an unbelievable amount of bruising from my seatbelt. I can only imagine if I wasn’t wearing it.
Going to miss that little pisser. Allowed for enough fun, but not too much. Cornering was a blast. 😩
Other driver admitted to being distracted with radio and was cited.

·
Administrator
7,518 Posts
I hope you can get another one! it looks similar to @d1giPhux's and he was talking about selling his as he is moving out of the country. There are also a number of CR-Zs for sale on this forum and your insurance maybe able to find you a good replacement and all you will pay is your deductible.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sad day. That rear quarter damage and airbag deployment probably means totaled.

Glad the car performed it's duty in protecting the occupant.
The way it hit the pole, I’m figuring the “frame” has been bent. Agree regarding the air bag. All glass intact, except the passenger window.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
668 Posts
About a month after I got my 'Z I was rear-ended by an old guy in a Lexus SUV. We were both turning right onto a busy road and there was a semi blocking the view. The guy was inching forwards trying to see past the semi but he didn't see me and hit me. He was probably going less than 2 mph and only left a small dent in the bumper (which he agreed to fix out-of-pocket, $150), but the impact was still quite loud and violent, my very first thought was that the transmission exploded or something like that lol. I can only imagine what an impact at higher speeds feels like.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Really sad to see, especially since mine is the same exact color. Glad she did the job she was built for and kept you safe!

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Oh no!! Glad to hear you’re not too badly hurt. MCL tears suck…hope it’s minor. Be well and good wishes figuring out your next car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts