YOU ARE GOD SENT!!!!!! This has been annoying me for like 6 months. Thank you so much!
@iRob I've been searching around as I've come across the same problem but for my 2016 Honda Fit EX. I also have a Pixel 3a.
It is indeed an issue with the most recent update to Android 11.
Luckily, I did find a solution (at least for now)! There was a Reddit thread in r/Pixel3a from about a year ago where someone had the same issue. There was a change to the bluetooth settings with the update that is causing the issue, so you just need to set it back to a previous version. I'm not sure if I'm able to link the post here, but I'll copy their directions below:
I hope this helps you all out! It seems to have fixed the issue for me, so hopefully it can be changed again with future updates to the phone's software.
- Enable Developer Mode
- About Phone
- Find Build Number at the bottom and tap on it 7 times.
- Enter passphrase (if applicable)
- Change Bluetooth AVRCP Version
- Developer Options
- Under "Networking", change Bluetooth AVRCP Version to "AVRCP 1.3" (normally it is set to "AVRCP 1.5 (Default)")
- Re-Add the phone to the car's Bluetooth
- You may need to delete your phone from the car's Bluetooth system. I didn't but you might try it if needed.
- Re-Add the phone to the car's Bluetooth system
- (my note here: You will probably need to reboot your phone for the changes to take effect-- I did.)