Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks!

I have a little problem with that button, a few times worked but normally it doesn't work properly.

Any of you guys had the same problem? How can I fix it?

Thank you!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys!

I mean the button I marked with a red square.

Basically I am using the car with the air always on because it won't switch off... :(

·
Super Moderator
6,309 Posts
As I stated previously you can buy that whole panel new or used. For used check here Used CRZ Parts | Honda | 2011-2016 | Redline Auto Parts but I am not sure if they ship internationally or check https://www.hondapartsnow.com/2012-honda-cr_z--3dr_ex-ka_6mt-parts.html but again not sure if they ship internationally but if you go to their site and search for CR-Z and your year. At least you can get the part number to use for other searches on the Internet. Another option is to talk to your local Honda dealer.

Prices for 2012 both colors
Honda Part No.: 79600-SZT-A41ZB Contl Assy., Auto Aircon B179L (ROYAL INDIGO METALLIC) $843.63
Honda Part No.: 79600-SZT-A41ZC Control Assy., Auto Air Conditioner NH806L (BLACK GUNMETAL PEARL) $843.63

Change search parameters on their page for year, trim and transmission to ensure you order the correct part also remember this is a United States site so you may need to search for one for your domestic market through another site or your favorite search site.

Hi guys!

I mean the button I marked with a red square.

View attachment 61916

Basically I am using the car with the air always on because it won't switch off... :(

·
Registered
43 Posts
Why is every part of this car so expensive? I feel like the car is worth more in parts than whole. :D

·
Super Moderator
6,309 Posts
Low production, Niche car. The most expensive parts are the ones that are CR-Z unique not used by any other model. Basic economics. If it was a insert common car here all parts would be less expensive as there were more built and more parts are interchangeable to other models.

My first suggestion for parts like the above is to go to Used CRZ Parts | Honda | 2011-2016 | Redline Auto Parts and buy used or search by part number for non dealer sources Amazon, Ebay or Internet search site. For most common repair parts RockAuto. At least if they have it you have a choice of grades and it will fit.

Why is every part of this car so expensive? I feel like the car is worth more in parts than whole. :D

·
Super Moderator
6,309 Posts
@manixe91 Have you tried removing the panel and from the back or under the button spraying either Air ( probably useless) or some contact cleaner? If you have had that panel out is that one switch removable? Sometimes for an intermittent issue just unplugging and replugging the connector will clear the contacts and make it happy. Ultimately the switch maybe failing but I am not sure if you can replace just the one switch or you have to replace the whole expensive panel. Might be worth a trip to a dealer or running the self diagnostics built into the AC. Here is a posting with the steps to run the self diagnostic 2011 CRZ - Heat Issues - HELP!!.

Here is a YouTube video on the process

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
OH MY GOD!!! Parts are so expensive! hahahaha Anyway on eBay I've seen several of them for a good price (around 40-50€). In case that other solution fails I will give it a try.

The thing is that the 2010 model uses a console model SAJAA2760, and from 2013 the CR-Z uses a console model SAJAA2CG0. Both are identical model but different reference. @Spdbump Do you think that if I use the newer model it will be compatible anyways? Probably that model has better performance than the older one.

To be honest no! I haven't tried that self-test, but probably can work! The only problem here is that I need to use the damaged button for the self-test and I doubt that it works... but I will give it a try!

I will let you know about the results. Thanks a lot guys!

·
Super Moderator
6,309 Posts
manixe91 it might be worth a trip to a Honda Dealer they maybe able to just clean that switch. The self test requires 5 presses of that button very quickly so if button is intermittent then you may not be able to run the test. I also provided you other sources for used or less expensive parts but since you are not in US I am not sure what resources you have available. As that is a unique part to a CR-Z which itself is a low production car that is why prices are so high.:(

·
Registered
1 Posts
it might be worth a trip to a Honda Dealer they maybe able to just clean that switch. The self test requires 5 presses of that button very quickly so if button is intermittent then you may not be able to run the test
This is what I did as well, to fix my leaking aircon. But I called up a good aircon service shop, and they came right away to assess the situation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts