Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking that I need to either trade in my 05 Accord Hybrid with 113K miles on it, or pay it off by this June and get a smaller car and have a car with a back seat in the garage. So during an oil change today, I got a sales guy (same guy who sold me the Accord in 05) to check on trade in value. Since I still owe about $2,800 they would give me 8K. Catch to this is I want the Navi and in White or Red. They are saying they could order the car from Japan and it would be here in a few months. It will also not include none of the other dealer crap they throw in (pin strip, etc), but just what I want. If they get it from another dealer I will have to pay more due to the add on crap. They are telling me if I do the order route, they will sell it for $21k minus tax and all the other fees they add to it. Also, I won't have to put any kind of down payment down as I am a "VIP" customer to have them order it.

Main reason for wanting to go smaller and better milage, i'm averaging about 500+ miles a week. 80% HW miles.

I kinda wanna wait and just pay the 21K as I need a car with a back seat when I get my daughter every now again.

edit: Just saw this thread: New CRZ owner needs opinions.. He payed under 21K with taxes and such. Oh well I already know what I'll b hitting them up with now.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've been thinking that I need to either trade in my 05 Accord Hybrid with 113K miles on it, or pay it off by this June and get a smaller car and have a car with a back seat in the garage. So during an oil change today, I got a sales guy (same guy who sold me the Accord in 05) to check on trade in value. Since I still owe about $2,800 they would give me 8K. Catch to this is I want the Navi and in White or Red. They are saying they could order the car from Japan and it would be here in a few months. It will also not include none of the other dealer crap they throw in (pin strip, etc), but just what I want. If they get it from another dealer I will have to pay more due to the add on crap. They are telling me if I do the order route, they will sell it for $21k minus tax and all the other fees they add to it. Also, I won't have to put any kind of down payment down as I am a "VIP" customer to have them order it.

Main reason for wanting to go smaller and better milage, i'm averaging about 500+ miles a week. 80% HW miles.

I kinda wanna wait and just pay the 21K as I need a car with a back seat when I get my daughter every now again.

edit: Just saw this thread: New CRZ owner needs opinions.. He payed under 21K with taxes and such. Oh well I already know what I'll b hitting them up with now.

Any thoughts?
Make sure that you are looking at the same car when you check out what other people in here are paying. Some may just have the basic, or EX without Navi. As was stated in other threads, the national average for this car (CVT, w/navi) is $24,000. I'd look around or look on line and get quote's on line, for the car that you want. Obviously this dealer is only going to tell you what they want to tell you. Good luck!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.