Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think I have seen this posted on the forum yet, if I missed it I apologize. But it appears the Irish aren't going to be fans. Not a very kind review, plus I hope I am missing something in the pricing they list.....

The article says 25,000 to 30,000 Euros ($33,450 to $40,130)... that can't be right.

Odd one out - The Irish Times - Wed, Apr 07, 2010

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought this was the best line in the review....

"The real surprise comes in sport mode on a twisty road. As you run the engine out to the redline, the noise is great, but not matched by much forward progress"....

Not nice but funny and hopefully not completely true.

The scarey statement from the review for me is the following,

"Other than the mad binnacle, the CR-Z’s stop-start system is the only appreciable difference to an entirely conventional drivetrain, ...... this system occasionally cuts out too early or cuts back too slowly."

That would be annoying

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
I thought this was the best line in the review....

"The real surprise comes in sport mode on a twisty road. As you run the engine out to the redline, the noise is great, but not matched by much forward progress"....

Not nice but funny and hopefully not completely true.
well going by the sound in the dyno video it doesn't seem like it will move quickly... more like it will make some noise but not go anywhere...

side note: i HATE those cars that think they're moving when they aren't lol...
The scarey statement from the review for me is the following,

"Other than the mad binnacle, the CR-Z’s stop-start system is the only appreciable difference to an entirely conventional drivetrain, ...... this system occasionally cuts out too early or cuts back too slowly."

That would be annoying
maybe they were testing that part on "Eco" or "Normal" b/c i don't think the engine cuts off on "Sport" mode...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.