Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Nutter and Munky,

I have a pearl white GT model in Donegal.
I've also seen two other identical models in the County, so that makes three of us in North West Ulster.

I think we're part of a very exclusive club in Ireland North and South.

I've travelled down and up from Galway, but never saw another Z on the trip.

From trawling the web have only seen a couple for sale in Northern Ireland, and only about six in the south.

They never really caught on here, mainly I think because of practical issues, in that the back seats are only worth putting shopping bags on.....but hey, that's what makes the Zed so unique....it was one of the reasons why I went for it from an 04 Toyota Celica, oh and also because of the drive, the looks, the gadgets etc etc.

And so far the Zedder has surpassed all my expectations, hope you're having the same experiences.

I've only had mine since August, so still a bit OCD on where I leave it parked to reduce the risks of dings and scratches, but that's part of the joy of a new car!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi foyleside
i am the same with mine i park away from other cars washing it all the time i think it is a fun car to drive and i just love it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just back from making a trip over the the UK for a 2010 Pearl White GT with dynamic plus pack and electra alloys.. Ill get a few pictures when I get a chance..

Im based in Limerick Ive seen a few around over the last few years but not too many

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was down in Cork yesterday and passed another white GT CRZ on the road against me and in Limerick Tuesday I met a white 12-WX reg Sport... Its been a good week CRZ spotting

·
Premium Member
5,714 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wouldnt mind a crz meet this summer! Anyone up for it?
Have a look at Coffee and Cars. First Sunday of every month. Dublin one is in Bray and the north east one is in Dundalk. Everything from mk1 mx5s to i8s. A few CRZs would fit in nicely.

Im looking at getting a CRZ in the next 6 months. General question for the Irish owners. Are any of you doing long motorway trips? Im up and down the M1 about twice a week. Is it a comfortable car to live with for these kind of trips?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I only bought mine 2 days ago, new CRz in Cork :). Got it in England and drove around 550nkm home to Cork, It's comfortable enough for long trips, but it's not an accord :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, just joined the site today. Have been looking in to changing to a CR-Z from a 2.0l diesel Volvo s40.
Im not sure its the most practical idea but I really have fallen for this cars looks, especially the dash.

Anyways if anyone has any advice it'd be great. Not a great selection in Ireland but will be open to buying in the uk considering the vrt isnt too terrible. Im thinking it'd be best to find a 2013/2014 model as Id be worried about the life of the battery on anything from 2010-2012, but maybe thats something you guys can advise me on?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
No action to escape a Volvo is too drastic. The Car For People In The Way. Actually, there is one good thing about Volvos. Probably.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I drive a crv atm and was thinking of buying a Crz (yes I know, bit of a change) if there isn't that many in the north and south does that mean parts are a mission to get?

·
Super Moderator
4,840 Posts
Hi I drive a crv atm and was thinking of buying a Crz (yes I know, bit of a change) if there isn't that many in the north and south does that mean parts are a mission to get?

CR-Zs have always been a low volume vehicle and rare. Getting rarer since they were discontinued in 2016. Can you get parts for one yes. If in USA by federal regulations there is a time frame when parts have to be available after car has stopped being manufactured. The actual number of years escapes me right now.:nerd: similar laws may exist there and may even be more strict.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all been meaning to post here for a while , i picked up one of the eight Honda-Mugen Dealer cars in black just over a year ago , and i have to say im loving it , needs leather seats though !!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts