Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a big fan of Ipods here, but my GF thought we should play it on a recent trip and the dam thing wouldn't play. Seems pretty straight forward... It's a navi unit. Plug it in the USB connector, hit the AUX button, touch the USB button. It just says "NO DATA" and nothing happens... Am I doing something wrong? Or is it a glitch in the unit? Any advice would be much appreciated!! Thanks!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Not a lot of help here but I can assure you that I have used a iPhone4 and a gen II Nano with no difficulty. It will even play streaming Pandora (won't show the song titles in non native apps like Pandora though).

The Nano was in the back of my closet but I was able to get enough charge into it to start it then loaded it with iTunes. It will occasionally lose communications with the Nav unit if the car has set for a period of time or hasn't been played for a long time but I think this is the bad battery in the iPod itself not the audio in the car.

I've found that sometimes synching electronics takes a little patience. Make sure the iPod is on and hit play if you can after you have plugged it into the USB connection. Good luck

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Not a big fan of Ipods here, but my GF thought we should play it on a recent trip and the dam thing wouldn't play. Seems pretty straight forward... It's a navi unit. Plug it in the USB connector, hit the AUX button, touch the USB button. It just says "NO DATA" and nothing happens... Am I doing something wrong? Or is it a glitch in the unit? Any advice would be much appreciated!! Thanks!
I posted a Ipod compatibility list here:

http://www.crzforum.com/forum/interior-ice-discussion/1544-ipod-control.html#post21152

Maybe that will help.... there is a lot of info in that thread!

·
Registered
10 Posts
At one point my iPod Color (a relatively old model) caused a "No Data" error after starting up, even though it usually just starts playing. I simply unplugged it then plugged it back in. I know you've probably tried that, but just thought I'd share that I had a similar error with my iPod.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.