Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just got the GT yesterday...wooohoo. :)

But I can't connect my iphone via the USB cable. The error message is "Unsupported"
Anybody here tried to hook up the Iphone?

Mine is a 3GS 8GB version. OS4.01.
It was previously jailbreaket, but I restored it yesterday as I suspected the jailbreak to be the cause. However restoring the original OS din't help.

Are you using the original Apple USB cable?

Anybody managed to play music through Bluetooth?

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
I use the original apple cable to on my 3G v3.2.1 jailbreak.
Works fine for music and Bluetooth calls but that's it..
I wanted to hear the audio output (for navigating) and not streaming audio, you even don't see the album images when playing.

Anybody else with a upgraded 4.01?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 3GS running 4.01 works fine through the USB connector in my CR-Z. I'm not using a genuine cable, just a cheap compatible one. Both music and Sat Nav work fine through the stereo, though Co-Pilot directions come through very loud (think that might be a Co-Pilot problem though). I've never actually jailbroken my iPhone, though I can't see that being the problem. Unfortunately as mine's a Sport rather than GT, I can't comment on bluetooth compatibility.

I did get the 'Unsupported' message when when I first plugged in a new memory stick. Reformatting the memory stick to FAT32 cured the problem (though I'm not suggesting you do that to your iPhone!). If you have a spare memory stick lying around you could try copying a few tracks from iTunes. Any music without DRM protection should work fine and the stereo supports music in AAC format from iTunes from a memory stick (I picked up a 16Gb one, loaded it with music and keep it in the car). At least then you'll be able to tell whether there is any problem with the actual USB connector.

One thought on your cable, does it actually charge your iPhone when connected? If it doesn't it may suggest a cable problem as I vaguely remember reading that the 3GS can be a bit picky when it comes to connectors - mine occasionally throws a wobbler when connected to a genuine Apple dock connector.

Sorry I can't be more help and hope you get it working.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Strange...

I connected my brothers Iphone 3GS OS3.13 and it worked like a charm.
I then reconnected my Iphone 3GS OS4.01 and it works :rolleyes:

What the issues was, I can't conclude. However I still at this moment suspect the jailbreak to be the sinner. Oh well I'll just have to jailbreak again to verify.

Thanks for all the input guys :thumbsup:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just jailbreaked my phone again.
Again the radio announced, Unsupported.

A reboot/restart of the Iphone solved the problem.

I installed the app NoAccesserySplash iOS4 from Cydia
Now I can use the phone when connected. Brilliant, simply brilliant.:thumbsup:

All credits to the above (the reboot tip and the app) goes to Ericdc here on crzforum.com :hi5:

·
Registered
108 Posts

Anyone having issues with iOs 4.1 besides me?

My i4 locks up and then reboots when it connects to USB, if it doesn't lock up it will say unsupported version and no music or audio is available. No problems w the Bluetooth, just the Auxiliary USB.

Didn't have problems on 4.0. :cry:

Ideas?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the EX model without Nav and have no trouble hooking my phone up. It synced with Bluetooth easily and takes calls (Bluetooth), plays music (Cable), and does my Navigation with no problems (Cable). I have a ton of spare Apple cables as I work at a hotel and guests leave them all the time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
works fine with a iPhone4 and ios4 you have to connect it once then do a reboot on the phone (press the home and the power button till you see that apple logo and let go about 30-45 sec), I have not had any problems with my iPhone and the CR-Z (w/Navi)

·
Registered
618 Posts
Anyone having issues with iOs 4.1 besides me?

My i4 locks up and then reboots when it connects to USB, if it doesn't lock up it will say unsupported version and no music or audio is available. No problems w the Bluetooth, just the Auxiliary USB.

Didn't have problems on 4.0. :cry:

Ideas?
I updated my iPhone4 to jailbroken 4.1 via Pwnage tool last night.

I'm not encountering any lock ups or reboots. (I turned off the unsupported version warning long ago, so I don't know if that displays or not. In the past I would just ignore that screen on other devices and it would usually work ok.)

Music & audio work fine. I've had Bluetooth on, a navigation app running in high power mode, iPod playing music simultaneously and it charges the battery.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Before redoing the firmware, you may want to try another USB cable and/or inspect your phones dock connector for any pocket lint, etc.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Can someone confirm if it's possible to stream iphone audio (music not phone calls) directly through the bluetooth connection using the A2DP bluetooth profile on the CR-Z ?

I have this working on my current car and It's really conveniant to not even have to get the phone out of own's pocket/bag.

I was riding in a high-end Toyota Prius yesterday and it didnt seem possible which really suprised me since I can do it with a cheap aftermarket car audio system.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Can someone confirm if it's possible to stream iphone audio (music not phone calls) directly through the bluetooth connection using the A2DP bluetooth profile on the CR-Z ?

I have this working on my current car and It's really conveniant to not even have to get the phone out of own's pocket/bag.

I was riding in a high-end Toyota Prius yesterday and it didnt seem possible which really suprised me since I can do it with a cheap aftermarket car audio system.

ya a buddy of mine has a new GTI and I think it streams music over the bluetooth... would be great if we could too! :hi5:

·
Registered
618 Posts
I tried this on my EX non-navi. There is no A2DP profile associated with the bluetooth connection.

Whereas the POS Dual 8110 in my other car supports A2DP just fine.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.