Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I'm a Malaysian. Just bought a used violet colour (metallic) CR-Z last Saturday.
It's travelled 84k KM, loaded with full aftermarket Mugen bodykits and 17" wheels, which make the car looks fantastic.
My notes so far:
1. It's a CBU unit. NVH is a lot better than my CKD CR-V.
2. The car is quite low that I scrapped the front bumper soffit this morning, unfortunately.
3. The car jerks when slowing down from 20km/h downwards, which agrees with some forumers here.
4. Having the car serviced at Honda for full maintenance.

Thanks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The Mugen kit looks like a replica judging by the fog light and lack of a Mugen emblem on the wing, as my real one came with an emblem. Glad you’re here regardless. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to both of you.
Yes, it's an imperfect Mugen clone. I intend to stick Mugen logo soon.
The car came with 215/45 R17 tyres.
After driving for the last few days, I found it uncomfortable when driving over rough/uneven roads.
So, I go back to stock wheels with Michelin tyres.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

I have also replaced atx fluid and filter, brake fluid, coolant, brake pads, fuel filter.
The jerking seems to have now gone with the atx replacement.
The car now feels great to drive.
The only small annoyance is the squeaky sound around driver's door panel. Anyone has this problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks to both of you.
Yes, it's an imperfect Mugen clone. I intend to stick Mugen logo soon.
The car came with 215/45 R17 tyres.
After driving for the last few days, I found it uncomfortable when driving over rough/uneven roads.
So, I go back to stock wheels with Michelin tyres.
View attachment 64849
I have also replaced atx fluid and filter, brake fluid, coolant, brake pads, fuel filter.
The jerking seems to have now gone with the atx replacement.
The car now feels great to drive.
The only small annoyance is the squeaky sound around driver's door panel. Anyone has this problem?
Hi Dan, nice to meet you, I’m new Crz driver here too. Would like to know how much do you do the atx replacement? Cuz I also have the jerking issue when is below 20km/h…

I’m from Malaysia too hehe

·
Administrator
7,679 Posts
Will vary by area. Use only Honda Fluid and there is an inline filter that is listed as a radiator part that even dealers do not know to replace.

Here are threads on how to do it yourself.

Hi Dan, nice to meet you, I’m new Crz driver here too. Would like to know how much do you do the atx replacement? Cuz I also have the jerking issue when is below 20km/h…

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Ernn.
Assuming that you also bought a used CR-Z, it's better to have a major service at Honda SC.
They'll recommend what needs to replaced especially all the fluids.
In my case replacing CVT fluid has cured the jerking problem.
I don't remember the cost, but it won't cost more than RM200.

·
Administrator
7,679 Posts
Or you can go to the Service history book and do all the maintenance's listed. Many service centers like to add extra services that are not needed. I tell all new owners to have all fluids and filters changed. Replace the wiper blades and the 2 air filters. It is easy to replace the 2 filters and wiper blades yourself.

If they have no records have all fluids changed,Plugs and engine belt and if tires are more than 5 years old they should be replaced too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts