Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that there's going to be people that like this and then those that hate it. But thought i would post up some pics of LED light strips that i installed under the dash. Haven't had any problems with them including the IMA system. Any comments or questions welcomed. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
i think it looks good man. i used to put neon tubes in the same place to give me car a bit of a glow. making me think of doing this...

how'd you wire them in? switch? always on when car is on?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think it looks good man. i used to put neon tubes in the same place to give me car a bit of a glow. making me think of doing this...

how'd you wire them in? switch? always on when car is on?
Thanks man

I wired them using a thing called tap-a-fuse and I tap the radio fuse in the fuse box under the dash. No switch at all. As long as the radio is on the lights are on. Though I wish I knew which fuse the headlight was that way I would have them on only during the night.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you do realize that the EX comes with LEDs, in those areas, from the factory right?? :blink: the only thing is, some people said that the light is VERY dim... so a member made a DIY for that http://www.crzforum.com/forum/do-yourself-articles/1037-diy-brighter-floor-lights-gt.html

good work tho :cheer:
I thought those lights were only on the CR-Z GT which I believe is sold in Europe only. I've only seen 1 blue very dim light on my USDM EX. Didn't want to mess with it though so I installed these lights. You learn something new everyday. Haha.

Thanks for the heads up and for the compliment though.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
I thought those lights were only on the CR-Z GT which I believe is sold in Europe only. I've only seen 1 blue very dim light on my USDM EX. Didn't want to mess with it though so I installed these lights. You learn something new everyday. Haha.

Thanks for the heads up and for the compliment though.
yeah... if you read through the comments you will see i was confused too... but when the CR-Z was released in the US, some owners confirmed the lights are on there...

i'm not sure what you wired them to... but if it's not too much trouble, i'd rewire it into the stock LED lights...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah. Like i said need to do a little more reading before i do something next time.

Wired them into the radio fuse using a tap a fuse. I won't have much time during this week but I'll see if i can rewire them using the stock LEDs that are in there.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Although I'm still waiting for my CRZ to come in, I was thinking it would be pretty cool if you had mounted LED lights right where you have them, except instead of just one color...somehow integrate them with the tach so it changes blue, green, red along with the tach as you drive and switch modes.
No idea how complicated it would be to integrate it like that, but im pretty sure that would get you some oooohs and ahhhhs from your date riding with you at night time...

·
Registered
522 Posts
Although I'm still waiting for my CRZ to come in, I was thinking it would be pretty cool if you had mounted LED lights right where you have them, except instead of just one color...somehow integrate them with the tach so it changes blue, green, red along with the tach as you drive and switch modes.
No idea how complicated it would be to integrate it like that, but im pretty sure that would get you some oooohs and ahhhhs from your date riding with you at night time...
yea i said the exact same thing. in fact, i mentioned that in one of the surveys i took as part of the owners club.

the diy brighter EX floor light is great, it's what i did, but i like what he's done here - it fills the whole floor board with blue light. whereas the other way leaves a very "spot light" affect lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys. The lights weren't hard to install and love them a lot better then what it came with from the factory. They aren't too bight but give a better effect as compared to the led mod in the diy section.

One thing I've been wanting to do is to wire the lights up to the 3 different driving modes so that they will change colors to match like andrewr said but havent had time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.