Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals -- hope everyone is enjoying their Fridays and looking forward to a weekend of spirited drives!

We are in talks with a prominent tuning company and have been kicking around the idea of collaborating with them to bring the U.S. market a fully custom exhaust system at a price point that I think everyone will be very happy with.

What I need from you all, is your feedback/input on what you'd like to see out of this system. What style muffler/tips, center/side exit, and of course price point! If everything comes to fruition we would be able to offer a full exhaust system (mid pipe included) at the most affordable price we've yet to see for the CR-Z.

At this point we are 100% open to your suggestions and ideas, so if you have a minute or two please chime in and let us hear your idea of what the perfect exhaust system would be.

Thanks again everyone! :hi5:

- Jason

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
My main wants are HP/TQ gains while still being quiet. No huge fart can tips and would not be opposed to a center exit.
not loud, center exit, double tip, full cat-back system, won't cost as much as 5zigen or noblesse exhaust :D
:yeahthat: I like a quiet muffler in an exhaust (little more agressive than stock, but not much louder, dual center exit, 2.5" piping mandrel bent, high flow cat with 2.5" tips as well and of course stainless!!! I hate aluminized steel exhasuts.

Ohh yeah 3 inch exhaust :)
3" piping is way too big for this engine. There wouldn't be enough backpressure and you'd lose power. If this where a turbo motor, 3" would be perfect.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Out here in this smog nazi state most enthusiasts now want subtle, well-performing exhaust systems.

This is what I am looking to buy for an aftermarket exhaust setup:

1) Decent gains over stock
2) Stealth appearance (No 4 inch tips or chromed out muffler)
3) Decent, reasonable sound (Pleasing to hear, not obnoxiously loud)
4) ***A center exit exhaust outlet or stealth tip would be nice too

·
Registered
417 Posts
Stealth has the right idea.. Its really all about the sound for me, i dont really plan on too much of a hp/tq gain.

Subtle, less is more.. or however you would say it.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Great ideas so far guys -- please keep the suggestions coming!

Living in LA myself, I know ALL about the unwanted attention from the authorities haha!

- Jason
What about a side exit, before the rear right tire? Is that legal? It came stock on my '01 Ford Lightning.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
What about a side exit, before the rear right tire? Is that legal? It came stock on my '01 Ford Lightning.
It'll be too close to the doors to be legal in Europe at least I think. Not sure what the requirements are exactly.

·
Registered
100 Posts
not trying to be like an r32 or mini (no offense just not my style for the center pipes) just like to keep it simple. not rice loud but nice sounding like it means business... i like the spoon set up... where it is located... also i agree with shatner for the most part. there should also be different applications for when the turbo systems do come out so that way you guys will be a head of the game and be one of the only with maybe a turbo back exhaust. but what do i know lol

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
not trying to be like an r32 or mini (no offense just not my style for the center pipes) just like to keep it simple. not rice loud but nice sounding like it means business... i like the spoon set up... where it is located... also i agree with shatner for the most part. there should also be different applications for when the turbo systems do come out so that way you guys will be a head of the game and be one of the only with maybe a turbo back exhaust. but what do i know lol
:hi5: The only problem they have with making a TBE (turbo back exhaust) is that there's no setup to build off of. No jig, no turbo in a CR-Z, that I know of. So they may have to wait for the downpipe part. But they could make a 2.5" and a 3" for those that are planning on turbocharging. Just buy the downpipe after you've done the turbo install, before a tune. If you're not tuned yet, don't even think about opening her up!

It'll be too close to the doors to be legal in Europe at least I think. Not sure what the requirements are exactly.
I've heard it's illegal. But I'm not sure how auto companies do this. My lighting was a 2 door truck and it's exhaust was about a foot back from the passenger door.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.