Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the lucky few who already have their cars, can you tell me if the insurance rate is high? is it considered a sports car because of no back seat? what is the insurance symbol on the cr-z? also, did you get a discount because it is a hybrid? any govt. rebates avail. because of hybrid?

·
Registered
7 Posts
So, the rate for me is about the same as a 2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 which has 263 HP and is a 4 seater.. I was kind surprised. They didn't have a symbol yet and they said its subject to change once that all gets worked out.

I go through Esurance

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have a fearful suspension that about 6 months from now, rates will increase due to sideswipe accidents associated with the blind spots.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I got a nice cut in insurance. On a 2 car policy, I am saving almost $75/month just by replacing my 05 NISMO Frontier with this car. But, then again, Progressive had no idea what it was, so I told them it was close to an insight lol :hi5:

·
Registered
33 Posts
My Progressive agent has no idea either. I'm not really sure what to tell them. "An Insight" just seems like a blatant lie to me. Then again, there's no "Civic Si" on the Progressive list, either. Just "Civic - Other", which I'm sure saves me a bit of money.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My ins. didn't know what it was either. After getting through a few questions it came out to a little more than 50 bucks a month for full coverage. 300/100/300, $1200 deductable, and also listed it as my pleasure vehicle, and yes I am over 35. Hope that helps...

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm with USAA. I owned an '05 Civic Hybrid and a '07 Civic Hybrid. I traded in the '05 Hybrid, gave the '07 Hybrid to my wife, and I now drive the CR-Z. It is only costing me $5 a month more with this new arrangement with the same level of coverage.

sparrow

·
Registered
66 Posts
I quoted through Geico, with some coaxing, and from my 04 S60R to the Crz will be about the same. As soon as my agent heard "2 door" she tried to put a "Sports Car" tag on it.

Ummm i like it and it IS "sporty" but by no means does 122hp qualify as sports car. It took a while to talk her out of that.

·
Banned
67 Posts
i got superduper full coverage in Oregon with FARMERS for 132/month. i live in the freaking GHETTO TRAP HOOD whatever you wanna call this hell hole.

·
Registered
1 Posts
All rates you guys in here full coverage? (sorry if thats a noob question...)

not too sure how my insurance is gonna be if i get a cr-z. right now i have a 95 Civic DX hatchback and its about $600/6 months for that... and im with alstate right now. havnt had any accideents for 4 years.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.