Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
... I'm wondering if the stuff fell down under the battery, or if there are other weird crevices down there it could be chilling in.

Hope so!!
Well, mine was nowhere in sight after I took the panels off, then I caught a glimpse of it--the left side--in the lowest, outermost back corner of the body, not under the battery. Problem was, the little tool I lost wasn't made of anything you could pick up with a magnet, so I had to fumble around with chopsticks to get it out of the little crevice it was lodged into. I think I also use a few choice words that I can only blame on Tourette's syndrome to coax it out too.:grin2:

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Well, mine was nowhere in sight after I took the panels off, then I caught a glimpse of it--the left side--in the lowest, outermost back corner of the body, not under the battery. Problem was, the little tool I lost wasn't made of anything you could pick up with a magnet, so I had to fumble around with chopsticks to get it out of the little crevice it was lodged into. I think I also use a few choice words that I can only blame on Tourette's syndrome to coax it out too.:grin2:
I know the feeling. I made some very choice words yesterday when looking around for it!

So yours fell closer to the tail lights, or closer to the speakers in the car? I'm going to try and get a magnetic pickup tool today and see if I can get it with that. If not, I'm gonna rip into the interior. Just sucks because its raining out harder today than it was yesterday. Gonna have to clean ALL my tools with WD40 when I get home. Ugh!

Discussion starter · #23 ·
So, I finished the install. Have some PRO tips on doing this!!

#1: Have a 'L' shapped allen. Don't try to use allen sockets or T handle allen as they will strip the hole out. Ask me how I know!!

#2. Have a small bar to go over the allen. You may even need to put a larger bar over the small bar. I had to do this when removing the fronts!!

Same goes for the rear:

#3: Have a 17mm and 14mm ratcheting wrench (gearwrench style). This will save you SO MUCH TIME. You have no idea how much time i wasted because I forgot my ratcheting gear wrench the first go around. Seriously!! Go buy these. Worth the money JUST for this alone!

#4: When installing the rear springs / rubber mount that goes under them, make SURE you get the rubbed tab in the right hole!! This was mentioned earlier in the thread. The RIGHT hole is the one closes to the front of the car!! Its also the smaller diameter hole out of the 3 you will see down there. See the following 2 pics:

#5: Have a friend for helping to remove the rear springs. Also, put the tire back on, as it makes it easier for your friend (or yourself) to push down and help remove the spring. One side was easy to do for me, but the other side i had to have my friend put all his weight on the wheel enough that I could pull the spring / put it back in.

I cant say enough about how amazing the HPD suspension feels!!

This is how the car SHOULD feel from the factory!!

I read before that its 'harsh'..BS!! NO SUCH THING!!

Its stiffer than stock suspension (meaning not so 'saggy'), but perfectly smooth for daily driving. Its amazing over bumps. Bumps feel LESS harsh and better feeling than with the stock suspension.

The HPD setup is AMAZING for daily driving, and super good in the corners!

This ride reminds me of the sweet eibach coil springs I had on my subaru. Almost near perfect! I love this!! I was so worried it was going to be 'harsh', but there is NO such thing with this setup! AT ALL!

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Just wanted to add this pic in here of an OFFICIAL HPD front strut bump stop compared to OEM cr-z one.

I had to buy a new HPD strut ($400) and got the bump stop with it. Its the ONLY way you can get them. However, I cut the first ring off some OEM ones, and they are the same height as the HPD. Guess my good guess was correct!!

HPD on left, OEM CRZ on right (not cut yet)

OEM CRZ bump stop packaging and number on right.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.