Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys have the navi installed subsequently?
The Navi is not an option from the factory in Denmark, when buying the CR-Z :-(

I have been talking with a Honda shop in Germany, as good as my german abillities allow :)
However, I've been told that if I install the Navi subsequently, will result in the following impact:

1) I'll need new speakers, changing from 2ohm to 4 ohm. Fair enough.
2) Subwoofer will be disabled :thumbdown:
3) Hand free telephone will be disabled :thumbdown:
4) Key funtions on the steering wheel will be disabled :thumbdown:

The last three are a no go navi upgrade for me.
But can this really be true?
Any help is appreciated.

Cheers from Denmark, (The $$-hell for car owners)

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's the same situation with cars imported to Norway, but when I asked the dealer about the navi, nothing like that was ever mentioned. Only that they could have the navi installed when the car came off the boat, or it could be done later. Then again, maybe they didn't know at the time (early June). If true, that's not good.

I decided to stick with the car as is, anyway...With the navi you get to your destination quicker (potentially anyway), think of all the extra, and fun, driving you'll miss out on :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
You don't need new speakers!
There are two Navigations available in germany.
The SSD Navi wich is for the S and Sport - supports 4Speakers @ 4Ohm
and the DVD Navi for the GT - supports 7 Speakers @ 2Ohm

In germany the GT Model comes with the blutooth hands free telephone option stock and it has function keys on the streeing wheel.
So I think that the DVD navi should fit pretty fine...

The only thin you cannot run is the rear camera. This is only for the SSD navi.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Found the answer from Honda regarding to the rear cam. Think it could help. As you can read german I'll not translate it. ;)

also das DVD Navi, was es nur für den GT gibt, ist eine komplett integrierte Lösung. Sowohl von der Optik in das Armaturenbrett integriert als auch von der Technik selbst. Nur über das DVD Navi kann beispielsweise der Subwoofer angesteuert werden, der ja auch nur beim GT serienmäßig ist. Außerdem kann die Bluetooth-Freisprecheinrichtung, die ja auch beim GT serienmäßig ist, nur mit dem DVD Navi interagieren. Das heisst, man kann Funktionen auch über den Navibildschirm ausführen und muss nicht alles per Sprachsteuerung machen. Kontakte importieren, Nummern wählen usw usf.

Das SSD Navi wiederum ist im Doppel-DIN Schacht verbaut und hat diese eben angesprochenen Zusatzfunktionen nicht.
Das DVD-Navigationsgerät beinhaltet keine Rückfahrcamera, diese kann auch nachträglich nicht nachgerüstet werden.

Für das SSD-Navigationsgerät kann optional eine Rückfahrcamera und ein iPOD-Anschluss nachgerüstet werden.

Diese beiden Navigationsgeräte sind nicht identisch. Das DVD-Navigationsgerät verfügt über eine Sprachsteuerung, während das SSD-Navigationsgerät nur über den Touchscreen bedient wird.

Das SSD-Navigationsgerät kann auch in den CR-Z GT mit einige Einbußen eingebaut werden. Hierfür sind jedoch neue Lautsprecher erforderlich. Der CR-Z GT verfügt über 7 Lautsprecher mit je 2 Ohm. Für das SSD-Navigationsgerät werden Lautsprecher mit 4 Ohm benötigt, da der 7. Lautsprecher (Basslautsprecher) nicht angesteuert wird.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As i asked the German dealer for the SSD NAVI, this now make sense.
I'll just have the DVD NAVI then. Fantastisc Daisy, thanks alot for helping me out here
:thumbsup:

although a rear camera would be fun, I can live with out it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess the DVD NAVI is identical with 08A40-SZT-KIT3A 2-DIN HDD Navigationssystem Kit from the Zubehörkatalog_CR-Z_2010.dpf taken from Honda | The Power of Dreams

08A40-SZT-KIT3A 2-DIN HDD Navigationssystem Kit
33 Länder - West- und Mitteleuropa vorinstalliert - 40 GB Hard Disc Drive - 7 Zoll-LCD-Farb-Bildschirm - Touch Screen - RDS - TMC - CD-/MP3 Player -
DVD-Video Player - 4 x 50 Watt - als Option Anschluss für: Bluetooth®, Rückfahrkamera, iPod® - inkl. Einbausatz 08B40-SZT-600 und Verkleidung
08B00-SZT-610 - unterstützt nicht den Standard USB-Anschluss

·
Registered
234 Posts
Immer wieder gerne. ;)

But you can do me a favor too. I want the JDM Doorvisors so badly.
They are not available in germany. Second problem is that the EPC has only the region KG. Even with the right part number I'll not be able to order them at my dealer. :cry:

Do you have this visors in denmark? Or do you have the same country code as we have? Or both? :D

http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/cr-z/exterior/doorvisor/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.