Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 311 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

i am in no way affiliated with beachbody/etc... i'm simply looking for others who have either done or tried to do the program... i have it and i just did the Fit Test and i must say, i wasn't exactly ready for that haha...

for those not sure what it is... check the video...

well i'm gonna sorta use this thread to track everything but since i'm tracking on paper... i'm more than likely just looking to chat with others that are doing or have done it...

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Never done this one, Biz. Have done the P90X, and need to start it up again. Pretty Good workout... If the insanity is even more cardio, than you are in for it! :thumbsup: Best of luck on it... and hit it with SMART (work up to it) maximum intensity.

·
Premium Member
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
this is wayyyy harder than P90X haha... i've done part of that program b4 (36 days)... and i still have it... here are some comparisons between the two programs and why i'm favoring Insanity a bit more right now...
P90X vs Insanity
  • most workouts are close to 1hr each (Yoga 1hr30mins) | 30-40mins (month 2 gets up to 50-60mins)
  • you need weights/band/equipment | all cardio/using your own weight
  • 90 days | 60 days
i read that Insanity is wayyyyy more intense than P90X... and just from doing the "Fit Test" i can testify to that statement hahaha...

·
Premium Member
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
:eek:mg: WOW!!! Day 2 done (sort of haha)... P90X is literally a walk in the park compared to Insanity... thank God that was only about 30mins b/c i absolutely would've died if i pushed anymore haha...

on a serious note: DO NOT TRY this program if you have even the slightest issue with your heart b/c it is full cardio the entire time... and from what i've seen on the DVD's, they're all similar to that... you're moving for literally 30min at +85% of your MAX and resting for 30 seconds between each complete set b4 pushing it up a bit more in intensity...

it's sorta like this:
warm-up - basic moves (about 5) at about 80%, repeat at 90%, repeat at 100%

30 sec water break

workout begins:
1st set - 80% (about 5mins)
30sec water
2nd set - 90% (about 5mins)
30sec water
3rd set - 100% (about 6mins b/c a tiny bit is added at the end of this set)
30sec water

repeat that same thing over again with a new set of moves... then 4min cool down/stretch

can you say exhausted??!?!?!?! i'm sure my 230lb frame didn't help but golly...

·
Premium Member
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
btw, even some of the people on the video were stopping for water while the workout was in progress... some ppl stopped and took breaks during it... so that tells me that even these top shape people are pushing themselves very hard and taking breaks when they need to... i don't feel so bad taking my breaks... even tho it was probably half the video hahaha...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dude it's a proven fact that if the only exercise you do is at 85% of Max Heart Rate (HR) you will suffer an injury.

Exercise can be considered like the food pyramid that you've probably seen. You need a base at lower intensity and then as the % of Max HR goes to the top of the Pyramid the duration is less.

You'd be well advised to purchase a HR monitor to wear as you're working out... Wally World (Walmart) has them, but POLAR is the market leader.. The Polar Website has a bunch of good training information also.. and an Author called Sally Edwards has some books including an Intro book on training with a HR monitor...

Be careful.. working out at 85% Max HR is NOT for the faint-hearted (Really)

RJ

·
Premium Member
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the info... i've been looking at the Polar HRM's b/c the one i have is on it's way out lol... but i'm not a beginner at working out so i have a good idea of how much to push myself and when to stop... and my personal experience has been injury on slower paced programs... i'm sort of an all out kind of person...

·
Premium Member
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Day 3 = DONE!!

INSANITY... that's all i can think of after finishing another day of this... the good thing is i KNOW my limits and i know that i'm going to improve over time... so as long as i'm pushing myself to those limits and coming back down, i don't feel bad about my workout...

today seemed like easier moves and my cardio wasn't as worn out as my legs from the previous day workout lol... some people might not struggle with this... but i have more "Explosive Power" than enduring power... so i can burn out and move faster than most of the people on there but it doesn't last as long... knowing this, i paced myself on this workout and was really only limited by my burnt out legs :angry:

l'm gonna try this workout. l need to loose some pounds. bizzy post some pictures on your progress. Good luck,
thanks... word of caution, it really is INSANE!!!

and pics will be posted for sure... i already took my b4's... what i've noticed from working out is, it's usually too soon to see visible results after 2 weeks or a month... but we'll see how it goes when i do my 2nd "Fit Test" on day 15... if it's noticeable, then i'll post bi-weekly progressive pics... if it's not, i'll just post either 30day or 60day pics adjacent to day1...

·
Premium Member
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Day 4 DONE!!!

today wasn't that bad in terms of getting the HR really high... i sweat quite a bit but it was mostly from holding poses, kinda like in Yoga... i LOVE these days b/c it REALLY helps to get the muscles nicely stretched and relaxed...

sn: been talking with a lad on youtube about this program and he's done it twice already... what caught my eye about him is that he said he went from 238lbs to 206lbs in 4 weeks!! so i messaged him and he said he's 5'10" and started @ 260lbs... now he's down to 175lbs... that is awesome and just a tiny bit lighter than i want to be at... i'm aiming for the 180-190lb range... definitely motivation to know someone similar shape as me had results like that!!

·
Premium Member
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol... i started the "Lean" on P90X, but i wasn't satisfied with it... again, nothing wrong with P90X... i just wasn't getting the results i wanted which was to lose the fat lol... P90X had me GAINING muscle which i do not want... my biceps are 17 1/4" already... try fitting into a nice "slim" shirt with those arms :wallbash:

btw, you can do a "hybrid" of the two programs like some people did... they get pretty good results from it...

·
Registered
710 Posts
im a big [email protected] 6'3 225. i dont want to be big, just lean. it's hard lol.

i was anorexic at one time in HS, deciding i didnt want to be fat anymore. dropped down to 167 from 243. scary thin time for me. trying to get it in a healthy way. but i always wax/wane

1 - 20 of 311 Posts