Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Choosing one of the best cold air intake systems on the market and upgrading your vehicle can have several benefits. This includes a boost in horsepower and torque, as well as improved overall performance. Takeda air intakes are dyno tested and tuned to provide maximum performance and efficiency, so you are guaranteed to get the best results.

By utilizing computer-aided design, Takeda intake systems offer unmatched fit, finish, and lifetime warranty. All clamps and hardware are included for hassle-free installation.

Give your Honda CR-Z extra power and boost with Takeda Air Intakes! Shop at CARiD today and take advantage of up to $490 savings! The sale is valid until September 10, 2021. Prices are already reduced.

Takeda® - Momentum™ Sealed Stage 2 Cold Air Intake Kit

·
Vendor
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys! Sorry, but there was a very low quantity of these for the CR-Z and they were all sold out...we still have a couple of Takeda Momentum intakes for the S2000 and Civic Si though. It may have been a coincidence, but some parts for the CR-Z are indeed harder to come by.

At the moment we have a few alternative performance air intakes for the CR-Z in stock. Check them out below:

K&N® 69-1018TS - 69 Series Typhoon® Aluminum Silver Cold Air Intake System with Red Filter (Quantity: 1)
AEM® 21-700C - Aluminum Gunmetal Gray Cold Air Intake System with Red Filter (Quantity: 2)

and Injen which is made to order (ships within 5-6 weeks)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Are these intakes really that good? I can never find one in stock, and when there is one used, it's gone within the day.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Are these intakes really that good? I can never find one in stock, and when there is one used, it's gone within the day.
Aesthetics. I got the hpd exhaust I just wanted to round out the fun sounds it makes with a intake. Idk if it'll bump the power that much. Maybe throttle response might improve.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Some will say they do nothing at all or what they do is cancelled out by the cars own computer.
The manufacturers all claim that their intake offers the most gains, in reality they are all very similar, right around 5-10% hp and/or torque.
In practice I can say from experience that the K&N Typhoon enhances the subtle growl the CR-Z's engine already makes, I noticed a slight improvement in throttle response, and my fuel mileage bumped up by about 2 mpg.
In my opinion the Takeda actually LOOKS better but some have reported fitment issues, cracked housing due to the rigid mount setup, a few CELs along with some variations not being California CARB certified.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts