Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hey guys l just had a lnalfa Spoiler Sunroof installed on my CR-Z, :thumbsup: l've not had a chance to take pictures, l'm extremely happy with the installation, looks like it was a factory option. Purich Inc. installed it. They are located in Bogota, N.J. Paul Zetelski runs the place. Give him a call he'll take care of you. l'll post pictures as soon as l can.
Jacob
lf you call him ask him to email you pictures of my CR-Z that he took, he is emailing local Honda Dealers regarding the intallation on the CR-Z

New Page 1

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
if you don't mind me asking, what is the cost of something like this? i would love a sunroof.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, the Webasto sunroof is alot smaller than the Inalfa, plus it has more updated features like one touch open/close, it automatically close the roof when keys are not in the ignition.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally l was able to upload the pictures enjoy.

Inalfa Slider Sunroof

Model 450 OE/HS/QF

$990.00 Install, took 1 day for installation.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
i updated the first post with the pics you sent me... any chace we can get a picture of the sunroof from the inside, closed with the shade?? :wiggle:

that does look better than the Webasto sunroof... although i believe they also have that auto-close feature when the key is taken out and a way to bypass it if u wanna leave it open when u get out...

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Nice. I also would be concerned about the glass hitting the fin while the car is in motion. Vibrations and wind resistance will make the glass move around and come into contact.

·
Registered
6 Posts
OEM Dome Light/Sunroof switch

after looking at the pictures again, it looks like the 8th-gen Civic dome/sunroof switch will fit in place of the CR-Z's non-sunroof switch... i would DEFINITELY have to have an OEM switch on there instead of that added switch...

here's for comparison...

Civic vs CR-Z
I like this idea of using an OEM Civic/sunroof switch if at all possible. Would this change the wiring hook-ups at all? Who ever installed should know how to make all that come together properly? Where could one purchase the OEM 8th Generation dome/sunroof switch? (Honda dealership, or perhaps a salvage place?) Would one have to get the wiring too or just the switch panel?

Thanks for all your input ahead of time. Find this forum very helpful. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am seriously thinking of getting this done on our CRZ. Was wondering if you have had any issues with leaking? I keep hearing from people that aftermarket sunroofs leak after a period of time. We live in western Washington where it rains all the time so this would be a factor to keep in mind.

The closest installer does only Inalfa however could go to Seattle for the Webasto 300. I like the bigger size opening however a little concerned about the fin, however the person that would install the Inalfa says he could set it up where it would not hit the fin but most likely wouldn't open all the way.

Preferences: Inalfa or Webasto?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
after looking at the pictures again, it looks like the 8th-gen Civic dome/sunroof switch will fit in place of the CR-Z's non-sunroof switch... i would DEFINITELY have to have an OEM switch on there instead of that added switch...

here's for comparison...

Civic vs CR-Z
*Swoon* You've found the switch for this mod. I'm really not a fan of the A/M switch. Not hating, OP. Your's looks very nice!

Nice. I also would be concerned about the glass hitting the fin while the car is in motion. Vibrations and wind resistance will make the glass move around and come into contact.
:yeahthat:

I like this idea of using an OEM Civic/sunroof switch if at all possible. Would this change the wiring hook-ups at all? Who ever installed should know how to make all that come together properly? Where could one purchase the OEM 8th Generation dome/sunroof switch? (Honda dealership, or perhaps a salvage place?) Would one have to get the wiring too or just the switch panel?

Thanks for all your input ahead of time. Find this forum very helpful. :rolleyes:
Your installer will know how to use the OEM Civic switch. It's just a swap of the fixture, the lights, mic and speaker will all use the factory CR-Z wires and the sunroof should wire right up to the switch in the civic housing. Very easy, I'd guess. It's DC, lol

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.