Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Name is Justin from South Dakota ( yes its cold here)

Looking to get me a CR-Z.

My problem, I have the option to buy a 2011 6 speed, or lease a 2014 6 speed.

Is there much of a noticeable difference in "power output"??

Is the S+ option in the 2014 worth it?

Let me here it.

·
Deputy Forum Librarian
4,781 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
I have a 2011 CVT, so can't speak from experience for 6 speed, but power isnt really the strong point for any CR-Z... Unless of course you get an SC installed. Might just depend on body style and features you want.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,498 Posts
Moved over from the owners forum to new member introductions. Welcome to the Forum N2O..

:thumbsup:

Man, there are quite a few threads and answers to your questions.. Take some time to search and peruse the place..

In very general terms, based on the very general question - not that much difference in "HP" when it comes to the 11 verses 12, verses 13 verses 14. But you can look at the specs and see what the numbers are.. and you will find varying degrees of opinions on the S+ button. In my 2011, I can get the same result by flooring it in Econ or Normal and hitting the Sport mode button during acceleration.. But again, many other variables to include the IMA battery tech.. Again, take some time to search the forum..

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Moved over from the owners forum to new member introductions. Welcome to the Forum N2O..

:thumbsup:

Man, there are quite a few threads and answers to your questions.. Take some time to search and peruse the place..

In very general terms, based on the very general question - not that much difference in "HP" when it comes to the 11 verses 12, verses 13 verses 14. But you can look at the specs and see what the numbers are.. and you will find varying degrees of opinions on the S+ button. In my 2011, I can get the same result by flooring it in Econ or Normal and hitting the Sport mode button during acceleration.. But again, many other variables to include the IMA battery tech.. Again, take some time to search the forum..
Thats what I was looking for.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And I understand this isnt meant for all out power. I test drove a 14 and it was in a normal mode, and pressed it to go into sport mode, felt a lil boost in getty up. Havent got to drive the 11 yet (3 hours away) and just didnt want to be disappointed.

BTW. Here's my currently daily that just doesnt need more miles on it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
And I understand this isnt meant for all out power. I test drove a 14 and it was in a normal mode, and pressed it to go into sport mode, felt a lil boost in getty up. Havent got to drive the 11 yet (3 hours away) and just didnt want to be disappointed.

wow..that's a nice daily! i'm officially jealous.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts

If its the miles you don't want to put on the older car...then don't get a lease

I leased a new (at the time) 2011 CR-V and we liked it, lots of room for camping, kayaking, road trips, ect. - but the lease payment sucked because at the end of the lease...we would still have to pay the price of the car at its current value (cause its a Honda, it'd be practically still full price) and we'd be paying for 4 years to lease it - then another 4 years to buy it...I got outa that lease and got my 2011 CR-z (2 years old when I got it)

Just thinking about the money and investments...I'd rather pay for the car for 4 years, then own it for a lifetime instead of give it back and pay for a new car (or the same one if we wanted to buy it)

That's my personal opinion...if you have the option to buy a 2014, or wait a couple months and hunt for a used one that someone returned...I'd go for that instead.

·
CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,150 Posts
Welcome!
Well, if that's your current car, I'd say you'll fit in well here! :hi5:

As Super said, there are a lot of threads with gobs of information on exactly what you are asking - so don't blame us if we fail to recount it all here for you.

I can tell you that the 2011 is no slouch (as CR-Z's go) - but I would definitely want the age majorly reflected in the price! The '14 has the newer battery style, LED DRL's (if you are looking at the EX trim), and more warranty just because it is younger.

If they are priced about the same as you say, and if they are the same trim level with no extra's on the 2011, why even consider that one?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, pulled the trigger. Went with the 2011 with 32xxx miles on it for 11,500. I feel this was a good deal. And I love it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mods will be coming.

However I just about freaked out about 10 minutes ago. It's cold here. I've owned hondas before. Opened hood and there is some loud ticking going on under there. lol. I was like crap, I got hosed.

Quick run inside, jump on here, and searched. We are OK with the noise. lol

1 - 20 of 47 Posts