Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I successfully conducted the steps outlined below up to step number 16 - "Turn the battery module switch off". I don't know where that switch is. The MCM connector, PCU lid, etc..I don't know what / where these are-- can someone please give me some direction where I can learn about these things and how to safely work on them?
On the battery in the trunk, there's a trapezoidal-shaped approx-palm-sized metal cover held on by a single 10mm bolt. Remove bolt and cover, the main switch to the high voltage system is there. Wait 5 minutes after switching off for capacitors to discharge before continuing.

Its page 12-4 in the Factory Service Manual for pictures. To turn back on you have to press the little circular switch next to the main switch, its a sort of lock.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Lastly, do you guys have a preferred source for replacement fans ? (I'm near Detroit, Michigan).
For parts that have no aftermarket/third party manufacturer you can go used or new OEM. Used parts Redline is really good for CR-Z stuff but it doesn't look like they have an IMA fan right now: https://www.redlineautoparts.com/honda-cr-z/ There's always Ebay which is decent for used CR-Z parts depending on what (headlights are always overpriced for example).

Or if you want new (or can't find used) then Genuine OEM Honda Parts and Accessories Online - Honda Parts Now has been good for a bunch of us, here's an east coast alternative: OEM Honda Parts at Majestic Honda | Majestic Honda Automotive Parts, pretty much any of the online OEM Honda parts dealers should beat local dealership parts counter, some by a lot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts