Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, a while ago I made a post about the problem in IMA and I've been quite busy but I already found the problem. Ima protect myself because my outdoor temperature sensor has problems. Do you know where this sensor is housed in the crz?
I imagine it is in the front bumper, can someone confirm before disassembling? Thanks, I'll try to clean it with contact cleaner since I've seen more videos in which doing that solves the problem

· Premium Member
9,037 Posts
where the ambient temperature sensor is housed, do you know where? Thank you
Mr. @PeterPerkins is the forum IMA expert your assumptions maybe completely wrong. Answer his questions. Many have had temperature issues and it was a failed IMA fan not a temperature sensor.

He knows more than anyone else about the IMA system and you are ignoring him at your own peril.

Most if they have an issue there is a light the light indicates an issue and you need the right kind of ODB II scanner to read it. Being IMA a generic ODB scanner may not read IMA codes.

Go get the code then go look in the Factory Service Manual for the process to fix the error or where that temperature sensor might be if it exists. But if IMA it might be the fan in the battery pack as many have failed. @PeterPerkins has repaired many and will suppy you a repaired one in exchange for a small amount of money and the dead fan in exchange.

Summary get the code so the forum expert can assist you.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you very much for your answer, I do not remember the code but from time to time the sensor shows the temperature again and the ima fault is removed from the panel and the automatic stop and start also works, and the diagnosis showed an error in the temperature sensor room temperature I'll change it and I'll tell you how it went, he already told me about the fan and I bought one and changed it and unfortunately that didn't help, thanks guys.
As others have said, you need more info on the IMA codes to actually diagnose your issue, and you're much better off following Peter's guidance.

But if you're dead set on throwing parts at it, the Ambient temp sensor is item 2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts