Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today I tried to change the door light bulb, and something has gone wrong.
When I turn the car on I get a warning saying IMA flashing up on display, the car starts but hesitates and sounds...weirder
The interior roof lights wont work, the car actually wont lock/unlock
I've checked the fuses and they all seem fine.
I took it for a drive and kept noticing I was constantly charging the battery on the display, but the Charge/Assist Meter was completley dead.
Sport mode made no difference either.

Whats going on with the car?
Is there a reset button lying about somewhere?
Really need help as im about to throw something at it with frustration...

· Premium Member
5,332 Posts
not sure what you did there... but when i was tinkering with my navigation on my Si b4 i got rid of it... i cut the wires to the radio and after that the auto locks wouldn't work and some other issue...

if you checked ALL the fuses under the driver side panel AND under the hood... the next thing i would suggest doing is to disconnect the (-) negative terminal from your battery for about 60seconds... connect it after 60seconds and see if that reset it... if not, don't mess with it anymore and just take it into the dealership...

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Disconnecting battery didnt work..

I cant understand what is going on with it...I was already at the dealers for 2 hours earlier >_< and I bet a diagnostic check will cost an arm and a leg

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i never got the bulb in to change in the first place, I only got as far as taking the bulb out
I read on her it needed to be twisted to get the bulb out, when it didnt, but doing so the bulb holder came loose and decided to hide in the door card.

Yeah I have a warranty etc, its just me thinking the worst out of it all...The car still drives but there is no assist from IMA at all, it keeps showing as charging the battery, satnav wont work, nor will the key fob to lock the doors.

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nope i used my hand and tissue to remove the bulb, although to fish the connector out (which is still in the door somewhere) I was trying to use tweezers...although checked all the fuses and they are fine, both inside fuse box and outside.

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I realised it just need pulled straight out, I mis read on here that you have to twist it and doing so the holder came loose..I went to Honda today and apparently its some fuse thats put on the car for transport or something...but its fixed now and car is back to normal..ish!

· Registered
2 Posts
Ok so I had pretty much the exact same thing happen to me this evening. I really did not want to go to the dealership so I started checking fuses and there is a 15 amp fuse named "backup" in the upper left hand corner as you are facing the interior fuse panel (see picture below). That was the magic fuse, I borrowed one from my wife's car and sure enough life was good. I figured I would share so that just in case somebody else runs into this issue. So the lesson for today, if you are working on the electrical....DISCONNECT THE BATTERY!!!!

· Registered
332 Posts
The Fuse to Components Index on page 22-72 in the CR-Z 2011 Service Manual Volume 2 confirms your photo of Fuse/Relay Box B. Fuse Number 'B1' (15 Amps) Protects (strangely): Audio-nav unit; Audio unit; cargo light; Data link connector; vanity mirror light; Driver's door courtesy light;passenger courtesy light; map light; Gauge control module; also the Motor control module (MCM), a myraid of unrelated components of varying importance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.